What's new

Do you wear cologne and bodyspray at home?

If I'm not going to be in the field, I'll use whatever cheap stuff I have. Dollar store scents I've liked, Adidas, Belcam clones, etc.
Some of them work well as room sprays.

<Some of them work well as room sprays.>

For sure. I have been using a DIY spray to be used for the shower every time it is used. (We tend to get mold easily and I like that the shower stays very clean between actual cleanings.) I have taken to pouring or spraying into the spray bottle of this stuff some cheap dollar store scents and similar. Makes the bathroom smell very nice on an ongoing basis.

<Some of them work well as room sprays.>

For sure. I have been using a DIY spray to be used for the shower every time it is used. (We tend to get mold easily and I like that the shower stays very clean between actual cleanings.) I have taken to pouring or spraying into the spray bottle of this stuff some cheap dollar store scents and similar. Makes the bathroom smell very nice on an ongoing basis.

I've been using vinegar and a scrub to keep the ceiling mold at bay (I live in the humid mid-west) but I'll try this. It's GOT to smell better than the vinegar.

I've been using vinegar and a scrub to keep the ceiling mold at bay (I live in the humid mid-west) but I'll try this. It's GOT to smell better than the vinegar.

The DIY recipe I use is about 50-50 isopropyl alcohol (80 or 50 percent, whatever is cheap and available) and hydrogen peroxide, both are inexpensive at Costco, plus a squirt of Dawn dishwashing soap and a good-sized dollop of Finish or other brand liquid dishwasher rinse aid. That latter ingredient may be the most important for keeping the shower walls clean of soap film, stray bits of demetris (sp?), and the like, I am not sure. I also spray it in my sink after shaving. Helps wash away down the drain any stray whiskers!

Plus whatever fragrance you want to add, if any.

I used to put white vinegar in the mix, too, and it may be more effective than any of these ingredients for mold, but my wife hated the smell and I did not love it.

I do not know that my mix is all that effective for mold, but I think it is better than nothing, and I like the way it makes the shower look. Once mold gets established it seems impossible to get rid of. I have scrubbed with with full strength bleach and not gotten rid of it. We re-did our shower, and I am hoping we can keep mold away with this mixture, although there are little bits of mold that have developed on the clear silicon door sealing material in a couple of places.

Last edited:
I’ve recently become more regular with my colognes. Picked up few new bottles : Drakkar Noir and Intimatley Beckham to be specific.

Love Drakkar Noir.

Intimately Beckham is pretty cool too. He’s making up for his limited talent on the sports field with his scents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wouldn't mix cologne with body spray. it kinda takes away from the cologne. i usually only use body spray after like a gym work out. ( i don't work out but sometimes i do construction work. ) until i go home and take a shower. also i only use after shave after i shave.

also when i choose after shaves, i try to choose ones with subtle and supple scents. so it doesn't overpower or mix in with my cologne or EDT. im a night shaver anyway so i seldomly use after shave and cologne anyway. i try to keep in stock, something for every scenario at all times. ( atleast thats the idea, but of course it seldom works out. )

Whenever I feel like it !
Even if I have to work in the garden and I feel like it, I'll wear it.
I use some (usually perfume strength) maybe 3 times a week.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Very rarely do I wear an EDT or cologne preferring to use aftershave liberally. But if I'm going out, special occasion type thing, sometimes I will use an EDT or cologne over top.

I will put on an aftershave splash after a shave but otherwise won't wear any kind of scent at home. I'll spray some cologne on if I'm going out to dinner or to see some music or a party. Since we can't go anywhere, my bottles just sit there.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I will put on an aftershave splash after a shave but otherwise won't wear any kind of scent at home. I'll spray some cologne on if I'm going out to dinner or to see some music or a party. Since we can't go anywhere, my bottles just sit there.
Dude. You I know I love ya man, and no: I don't want your Bud Light, but, ANYBODY named Mountain Man just plain NEEDS TO USE A SOMETHING TO MAKE THEM SMELL BETTER!

Sorry, but someone had to say it.....

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
This thread is more timely now than when it was originally posted. With the lockdown in full force here in NY (and not extended until mid-May) feeling good is more important than ever. And that's what a favorite fragrance does--it makes one feel good.

Not a body spray fan, though. Why layer a cheap scent on over the good stuff? I mean, mixing Axe and Aventus? C'mon!

I'm with William

Now that I don't go out
I SE a different cologne every day! Makes me feel good!

I bathe, shave and shower just to relax me; soon, I may try mixing some fragrances:
Like original Guerlain Vetiver, with newer version, or same with Habit Rouge.

Received one of those 10 packs in a beautiful tin box of Penhaligons yesterday and will start with one a day.

Blenheim Bouquet this eve: always wondered what that was like

Top Bottom