What's new

Do you throw out your soap when the center is void?

Hello. This may be a factor of my technique, and possibly a stupid question, but I am curious what others do if/when the center of your soap is gone? I have been swirling around with the brush for a few days, trying to keep my brush on the remaining ring of soap, but I'm wondering if others simply discard and grab a new container when this happens.

Nope, I use it up. Or slap a new puck/refill on top of those I like and restock.

if you’re going to reorder that requires a new container... you can pull out your remnants and grate/slice them onto the new soap.

Nope, I use it up. Or slap a new puck/refill on top of those I like and restock.

if you’re going to reorder that requires a new container... you can pull out your remnants and grate/slice them onto the new soap.

Thank you. I never thought of grating the soap and adding it to a refill.

I usually scoop the ring out with my finger and drop it on top of a new puck, assuming that it' sthe same or similar soap.

I also drop soap remnants into a mug containing a puck of Williams. Sometimes you can get some really interesting fragrance combinations when a bunch of different soaps are in there.

I either .......put anew puck on top, level it , or make a dome. Domed soap loads like a dream.
By the time the soap is nearly finished, it is usually very soft and pliable. No need at all to throw it out!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I use mine until it is hard to load the brush. I then put it aside with some other soaps that I have put away to make a Frankensoap. I have not made one yet but I almost have enough to make a decent size puck of Frankensoap.

I never toss the rings. There's a LOT of shaves left in them. When they get small enough to where it is more difficult to load I will either take it out and press it onto the top of my next soap or I'll press it into a blob in the center of the container so I have a "donut hole" rather than a donut and wear it down to where it's so small I press it onto the top of the next soap. No waste!

Hello. This may be a factor of my technique, and possibly a stupid question, but I am curious what others do if/when the center of your soap is gone? I have been swirling around with the brush for a few days, trying to keep my brush on the remaining ring of soap, but I'm wondering if others simply discard and grab a new container when this happens.

Remove the ring and put it on top of the next puck. Why waste it?

That would be too much soap to waste. I take a butter knife and separate the soap from the sides of the container. Then fold the soap towards the center, work it so it's evenly distributed and looks like a small puck. Good as new!

If I like the soap, then I use my finger to level the ring or I add a new puck on top. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

If I don’t like the soap, then it is not likely to get to the ring phase (more likely to go to the bath).

I use my fingers to spread out the soap. When the soap fragments get to small I put it in a container to be grated and mixed with other soaps. There are some soaps that come in large containers. If there is a good quantity of soap left outside of the ring, I will put the soap in a smaller container.

Take a look at this thread:

When I wear through the middle, I smush the ring with my fingers until it's in a normal shape again and then let the container air out for a day or two to dry out and firm up before using it again.

If I like the soap, I usually scrape out the ring and pile it on top of another soap of the same brand. If I don't like the soap, it gets tossed long before I get to the ring. I'm working on a ring now and find that my synthetic brush does better loading than my badgers.

A lot of good suggestions/ideas above. I also appreciate the reference to the other thread. I did make an effort to search but didn't get any results. Thank you, all.

It is usually so soft that I just use an espresso spoon to take an appropriate sized slice and move it to my lather bowl and go at it from there.

I usually scoop the ring out with my finger and drop it on top of a new puck, assuming that it' sthe same or similar soap.

I also drop soap remnants into a mug containing a puck of Williams. Sometimes you can get some really interesting fragrance combinations when a bunch of different soaps are in there.
^^^ this. I always put it on top of another soap. I’ve had some interesting Frankenscents and some pleasant surprises.

Top Bottom