What's new

Do you squeeze your brush bristles?

I usually squeeze my brush bristles when I pull it out of my soaking mug. Depnding on the soap I am using I may also shake out the bristles.

No, I stopped squeezing. For me, it removes too much water.

I have found that you need water to properly load the brush, and with too little water, you get too little soap, and too little lather. Lightly shaking the brush seems to work best for me.

+1 My experience exactly. It also helps to really soak some soaps like Edwin Jagger.

For me, it depends on how much water I want to get rid of out of the brush. For most creams, I'll give it a few quick shakes, but for soaps I'll shake and squeeze the brush to get it a little drier.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I shake. But when I rinse the brush after the shave I squeeze excess water out and shake.

Just a shake before I load it. When I'm rinsing it out, I do give a light squeeze to make sure there's no more lather left in the brush.

After a thorough wetting I give it two good shakes and it seems to be ready for use. At most, I only need to add a drop or two of water to the mug.

I usually just shake the water off of mine. The only time I squeeze the bristles is to get the last run of cream stuck in the brush and after the final rinse.

No, however,for the final pass I squeeze the remaining soap out of the brush and after rinsing my brush post shave I squeeze out the water.

Last edited:
after rinsing the soap from my brush post-shave, i give the bristles a gentle squeeze with a towel.

Shakes.
The only time I squeeze the brush is at the end of lathering for my third pass, I gently squeeze the last of the lather from the brush and then paint that on. I suspect the less brush squeezing the longer it'll last.

Top Bottom