What's new

Do you rinse between passes?

I’m a bit of an oddball probably. When shaving with DE I do a type of “2 in 1“ pass. I shave WTG on one side, splash some water and massage in, then do an ATG pass. Same for center/chin area, same with the opposite side of face. It’s all fast I literally finish a BBS DEshave in 7 or 8 minutes. And it’s the smoothest shave I’ve ever had, though my SR shaves are getting close now.

With a SR, it’s one pass WTG, rinse and relather, then one pass XTG. No ATG passes with a SR. This gives me a DFS.

A simple answer is yes, I always rinse. Sometimes before I’m done with the 1st pass.

I'm beginning to think I should rinse before I even start. By which I mean, put on my lather, wait my 3 minutes to let the beard soften, then rinse off and re-apply before wielding the razor. If I don't, the 3 minutes can let the lather dry a bit, and the razor's head, though wet and continually rinsed, may drag. I'll give this a try on Tuesday.

Rinse, no. Moisturize? Yes.
It's not so much that I'm removing the soap solution on my face as it is adding a bit of water to the glycerine there to improve the slickness and maybe offer the fresh-cut beard a nice drink.

It honestly depends on the shave. Probably 50/50 I do or don't. If I do it's to check on the closeness of the first pass and to spot check, OR if my face needs to be moistened after the first pass. Other times, I don't and go right in for pass number 2, or if pass number 1 was good, call it a day. YMMV LOL

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
No. My brush, loaded for the first pass, is standing by the sink. It usually has enough soap still in it to lather for the second pass.

I hydrate my face between passes, it makes the subsequent lather nice and slick, exactly when my face needs it most. At most 2 quick splashes but that is all that is needed.

Top Bottom