What's new

Do you rinse between passes?

I’m a single pass shaver now. My three pass shave. I did thoroughly rinse between passes cold water. I found it helped locate areas requiring more buffing. I found the cold rinse calming and soothing. I found the wet skin helped me dial in the lather to my liking quicker. I‘m a cold water shaver.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Usually not, but occasionally if I have left a particular mess or my skin feels dry I will

Time constrained, no.
Checking shave performance, yes, absolutely.
Otherwise, whatever...

But I often rinse my face with very hot water two or three times before I build my lather. It is like a relaxing under a hot wet towel for those of us who may be mildly (or majorly) ADHD.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Normally doing one pass and clean up, but when I do more than one pass intentionally, yes. Rinse, reapply Noxzema and relather.

I used to rinse after every pass but now just after the third pass, just to check for areas that need a bit more work.

I don’t see the point. I mostly bowl lather, so my lather is premade with the correct amount of water. Painting it onto a wet face will only thin it out. Perhaps wetting the face for face latherers helps them retain a proper mix for their lather. Just splashing water on a face is not the same as hydrating. Water on a face is just a wet face. A hydrated face is moisturizing at the cellular level.

i have always rinsed between passes not only does it help with the hydration but also there is the fact that i just like the idea of being clean (just me )

After my first pass I get my hands damp under the faucet, then pat my face to get it slightly damp. Then I lather up for my second pass. I only do 2 passes, but if I did 3 I would pat my face with damp hands before I apply lather for my third pass.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I always rinse my face but I use the water in the sink that has the soapy water and the whiskers from previous passes. I do this to see the areas that require further attention.

Top Bottom