What's new

Do you like 8 track tapes?

8-tracks used to have a pronounced “clunk” sound as they went from one track to the next. Sometimes, if the band you liked had long songs, they would just go ahead and stick that stupid clunk right in the middle of a song! That was the deal-breaker for me.

As far as shaving goes, I have been old-school wet shaving since 2009, and I am finally really starting to pare down my choices. I use AC shavettes for every shave. I have three of them, which I rotate pretty evenly. I do some clean-up with DE, and I have way too many DEs, but I am starting to sell them off (shameless plug for a listing in the B/S/T right now, lol).

I have four brushes, and I keep 4-6 soaps in the rotation for variety. I currently have three aftershaves.

I never want to get down to one razor, one brush, one soap, and one aftershave, but I do want to continue to cull the herd. Ultimate goal is the three shavettes, maybe 5 or 6 DEs. I’d like to keep the brush collection under five, and I want to keep using up a soap before buying a new one, so the total number will stay between 4 and 6.

8-tracks used to have a pronounced “clunk” sound as they went from one track to the next. Sometimes, if the band you liked had long songs, they would just go ahead and stick that stupid clunk right in the middle of a song! That was the deal-breaker for me.
Exactly! It was like disfiguring works of art.

That format has never been sold or used here. We only had LPs and cassettes. But the whole idea of not having to flip the cassette sounded pretty cool to me at the time.
Lots of folks didn’t like cassette flipping. That’s why auto reverse decks came into being.

Top Bottom