What's new

Do you face or mug lather?

Do you face or mug lather?

• I lather on my face

• I lather in a mug/bowl

Results are only viewable after voting.
I started out face lathering. That's all I did for about a year. I just didn't see the purpose of bowl latherng. This last spring I tried it and found that it was helpful in troubleshooting a lathering problem. I also found that I could get warm lather by floating the bowl in a sink of hot water, so continued to bowl lather as kind of a poor man's scuttle. I went back to face lathering over the summer.

I've only just begun, but I have a hell of a time building a lather on my face. I'm fine in the bowl and I too let it sit in the sink full of hot water. I the warm lather is simply perfect for these cold fall mornings.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Using my 'one & only go-to' VDH Deluxe soap, 99% of the time I load my brush in my mug and then face lather. For the other 10%, I use my Becker scuttle to build a great lather and then work the lather in to my face. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“Happiness is the [shaving] brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

Last edited:
I am at 50/50 but when I decide to face lather it is usually a snap decision. It is like right when that lather starts to form, sometimes I feel the need to have some extra bristle time on my face.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Both, but mostly face lather. I enjoy the extra brush time. Even when I build the lather in a mug I spend a little extra time brushing it on.

Williams mug soap. Lather on the puck inside a mug...just like the picture. Love it.

I did this for years with my soaps and still do when the mood strikes and always when using Williams. However, using Williams is only about a once a year thing for me just to remind myself why I don't use it the rest of the year. :biggrin1:

I mostly bowl lather but I do both. It depends upon what I am using. I find Mike's easier year to face lather with a boar, most other things are usually bowl lather with a badger. When I travel I face leather.

I use a scuttle, it's nice to have hot lather.

I used to exclusively bowl lather, but as time has gone on I've pretty much become a cold water face latherer. I've been close to selling my scuttle, but I'm gonna hold out for the winter months and see if it gets some use.

Not enough choices. I do three things, and in no really dominant pattern. Lathering creams, I go about half and half between a BOWL and lathering on my face. Soft soaps, I tend to bowl-lather. Harder soaps, I start a lather in my mug atop my puck of soap, then half the time I continue on my face, half the time, I do not. Just now, I used a brushless, non-lathering cream.

Top Bottom