What's new

Discovery - The ticket to a perfect shave each and every time.

I use a Tatara Nodachi. Along with a Norelco series 6000.
The problem with electric shavers is that if used daily, the blades dull quickly. Within 6 weeks.
They are expensive to replace.
I use the Tatara wet shaving......and for the little spots that get missed, the Norelco comes right behind and cleans that up quickly, leaving an entirely COMPLETE BBS shave WITH NO high areas.
For example, I have a cleft dead center my chin. Hard to get a blade in and around there. The Norelco cleans it up to perfection in about 30 seconds or less.
I also discovered that I can use a Translucent stone to sharpen the Norelco blades. You cannot sharpen foil shaver blades.
Between the Tatara Nodachi, and the Norelco 6000 series, I get absolute perfect shaves each and every time.

The idea to use both in concert with each other dawned on me about 4 days ago. And let me tell you.....for those of you who have problems getting around the corners of the lips......or have clefts or any other hard to wet shave abnormalities, THIS is the ticket.
100% perfect BBS shaves every single time.
Additionally, Norelco electric shaver blades will stay sharp for a very long time using them sparingly in this way.

Back in the '80s, I did the reverse: Norelco to bring the beard way down, then (for a date or special occasion) a twin-blade razor to plane the last of it off. I rarely came out of it without a small nick, and so I gave it up after a while and settled for just the electric for a long long time.

Interesting approach.

I use a shavette but I always have to touch-up the corners of my mouth and a bit on the chin with a DE thereafter.

Back in the '80s, I did the reverse: Norelco to bring the beard way down, then (for a date or special occasion) a twin-blade razor to plane the last of it off. I rarely came out of it without a small nick, and so I gave it up after a while and settled for just the electric for a long long time.
Same here. I keep a Phillips Oneblade as a "preshave" (if I haven't shaved in a long while) and minor touch-up tool. Apparently, no matter how hard I focus on getting everywhere, I always miss 2 hairs somewhere 🤣
I know it's not the best electric out there, but it does the job and is used so infrequently that I don't think the blades will need replaced.

@SilentAssassin I have a cleft chin and for me if I pull my lips outward and my neck up it typically tightens the skin down to shave without a problem. Obviously that won't work for everyone but I thought I would share in case you haven't tried that

I've gone full 'dark side', I'm pretty much exclusively an electric shaver now. I, however, use Braun foil shavers and get much longer blade life then you mentioned.

In the past, I would occasionally touch up with a Braun electric shaver after a less than satisfactory cart shave. The main thing for you os that you get results that meet with your approval. Congratulations!

Top Bottom