What's new

Did OSP close down?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if OSP closed down? I am still on sabbatical but I have a wonderful OSP Shogun cream that @bobmsp PIFed me and I was thinking I might want to replace that next year after this one is gone. Anyone have any news on that front? It's become one of my favorite shave products, and it seems like they might not be producing soaps and creams anymore.

Unfortunately they did. I use my Bay Rum and Grapefruit Menthol soaps only once in a while because of the closing.

Rick

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Does "OSP" stand for anything? I mean, are those 3 letters short for something. I know, I'm confusing even myself.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, I'm obsessed about a bunch of stuff shaving related. Arko is my favorite soap, so that is cheap. One blade can last me weeks, so that is cheap. Aftershave favorites are vintage Avon, so that is cheap.

My obsessions aren't controlled, but at least I'm not bankrupt yet, ha.

When he announced the closure there was a suggestion that it may not be permanent.

I for one hope not as I really rate their soaps and accompanying a/s splashes and will definitely miss them

I guess that the good news is that they won't be a temptation for you with the sabbatical.
Well to be honest I have only managed to kill off two soaps during the sabbatical and they were partially consumed to begin with. I am pretty sure I will make it to next year, I just figured it might be my pick for the restock window if I do it again next year.

When he announced the closure there was a suggestion that it may not be permanent.

I for one hope not as I really rate their soaps and accompanying a/s splashes and will definitely miss them
I heard that had been the case back in 2017 as well. Maybe he's just got a lot going on. A seasonal soapmaker instead of seasonal soaps!

Well to be honest I have only managed to kill off two soaps during the sabbatical and they were partially consumed to begin with. I am pretty sure I will make it to next year, I just figured it might be my pick for the restock window if I do it again next year.

If you'd like a recommendation for something when it comes time to buy some restock soaps please feel free to reach out. People PM me all the time for advice and I don't mind helping people out however I can. I've even made some good friends this way. In overseeing the soap passaround I get to try most of what's out there. I've done formula testing for several soap makers as well. So if you were to say I'm looking for a great performing soap and I like this particular type of scent I could certainly point you in the right direction and give you advice about many of the newer soap makers that you may have missed during the sabbatical.

...So if you were to say I'm looking for a great performing soap and I like this particular type of scent I could certainly point you in the right direction and give you advice about many of the newer soap makers that you may have missed during the sabbatical.

OSP's Orange Patchouli was narcotizing. I loved that scent and unfortunately only one soap maker ( Orange Patchouli Shaving Soap ~ The Gentlemen's Quarter ) that I know of makes a soap in that scent and quite frankly their scent & soap quality is not that good IMO.

Top Bottom