What's new

Derby soap

Last summer I used my last puck of mug so I went on a soap spree. I bought a bunch of different soaps. I started to use arko or arco, I can’t remember how to spell it, I loved it one stick turned into a puck lasted well over a year. I now started using the derby. Prior to now I only used it once. I used it today and man I was shocked how great that derby soap was. It made a great lather and left my face feeling hydrated and cool.

I’ve had good results with Derby stick shaves.

Glad to see you posted about it. As it doesn’t get much mention on the shave forums.

As Lane101 mentioned. It’s a harder soap than Arko. So you should be able to get a few more shaves out of it, than you did with Arko.

I kind of like it’s soapy green scent too.

I’ve noticed that it’s not as easy to find as it used to be. Hope it’s not discontinued? But wouldn’t be surprised either.

Last summer I used my last puck of mug so I went on a soap spree. I bought a bunch of different soaps. I started to use arko or arco, I can’t remember how to spell it, I loved it one stick turned into a puck lasted well over a year. I now started using the derby. Prior to now I only used it once. I used it today and man I was shocked how great that derby soap was. It made a great lather and left my face feeling hydrated and cool.

You put Arco in your auto at your local gas station.
Arko! is the soap that smell like the restroom at that station. :jump:

I would still be shaving with that arko stick puck had it not been thrown away by accident. I think I could have gone 2 years.

Used Derby stick this morning as it’s been a little while.

Loaded a little more soap and water. Did a 3 pass shave that turned out really good.

No cuts, nics. Just a clean shaven face.

I like to bring along a Turkish shave stick for when I travel. Seems to lather and perform with any type of water I have available.

It appears out of stock everywhere except a couple places I have never heard of for 7 bucks a stick. The tub is in stock at a couple places for the same price, is that the same formula? I also noticed a Wilkinson sword tub soap pops up as Derby on Amazon.

Tub should be the same formula as the stick. Plus it's about three times the weight of the stick. Wilkinson in the blue bowl is a miserable soap, IMHO. Synthetic chemical like smell, and downright mediocre performance on a good day.

If you haven't tried it, Arko is a better, more available, and cheaper than trying to chase an out of production soap.

Tub should be the same formula as the stick. Plus it's about three times the weight of the stick. Wilkinson in the blue bowl is a miserable soap, IMHO. Synthetic chemical like smell, and downright mediocre performance on a good day.

If you haven't tried it, Arko is a better, more available, and cheaper than trying to chase an out of production soap.

I find the Derby stick to be pretty good, but a touch less in performance than the Arko one. I'd rather get a box of Arko sticks for the same price of a few Derby sticks/tubs, but YMMV as ever.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I have Derby in the tub, stick, and various tubes as well. They are all decent performers for me.

I would like to get a few sticks of derby just for the den.
I've never tried the Derby soap, but supposedly the "More for You" in the tub is the same stuff just rebranded.

Top Bottom