What's new

Declaration Grooming Superthread?

I am surprised given the number of soaps and splashes that there isn't a thread dedicated to Declaration.

I have Massacre of the Innocents and Albizia on the way. Both soaps and aftershaves. It's hard not to order them all! I would love to hear your experiences and thoughts.

Massacre is his big seller, along with the Aventus clone I have forgotten the name of. So far Confluence is probably my favourite. After the rain is surprisingly nice and is one of his own scents. Some people like to separate the scents by those he formulated and those by Shawn Maher because they don't like Shawn's work, believe it or not. That's a different discussion, but be prepared for that.

I have the fragrance sampler from Chatillon Lux and it's a great way to sniff test some of the DG scents. I was actually waiting just about a week or two before ordering two sets for summer that I have been wanting. I have a lot of samples from Maggard and I am glad I do because there were a couple that I almost blind bought.

Since i find them in europe i have tried these
All are awesome but I have my personal list
Best scent : Confluence and Albizia
Best performance : Original and Confluence

2BBA7F18-1B4D-4231-995D-D815432AF10D.jpeg

How's Vernal smell? Heard it is reminiscent of Irish Springs...
Declaration Grooming might have the best post shave sensation of any of the soaps that I've tried/owned at the moment, almost don't need any post shave treatment almost. My only issue with Declaration Grooming is the scents... they tend to be hit or miss for me. With that being said, I went to the site and saw a new release that actually sounds really good...
Chaipre (2.0) Shaving Soap - Milksteak Base - 4oz - https://www.declarationgrooming.com/products/chaipre-2-0-shaving-soap-milksteak-base-4oz?variant=40059510358089

It was hard to not order the new release. I wanted to try a couple of known and well reviewed soaps to start my Declaration Grooming journey.

I’m also eyeing the new release, I
Picked up the new DG/Chatillon Lux Agua Fresca a month or so ago and it’s awesome! Very summery!

And I agree the base is top notch and overall performance of soap/splash is outstanding for me. I also
Don’t mind having to put the menthol into the AS bottle myself. I
Prefer that method to just leaving out the menthol. Definitely more sets in my future!

I’m also eyeing the new release, I
Picked up the new DG/Chatillon Lux Agua Fresca a month or so ago and it’s awesome! Very summery!

And I agree the base is top notch and overall performance of soap/splash is outstanding for me. I also
Don’t mind having to put the menthol into the AS bottle myself. I
Prefer that method to just leaving out the menthol. Definitely more sets in my future!

What is the deal with adding the menthol? Is it just if you want the cool after feel?

I have quite a few Declaration Grooming soaps. So many that I had to exercise some discipline and stop ordering more. My favorite is Yuzu Rose Patchouli. I also like Sunrise on LaSalle which seeks to replicate the scent of fresh cut flowers at an early morning flower market and I think Maher succeeds.

Declaration Grooming soap is really another example of a croap. It lathers easily, creating a nice slick lather.

As to adding menthol, DG does ship a small bottle of menthol drops with each AS splash. One drop in my AS does it for me.

I’m not the biggest DG soap fan - the base doesn’t seem ideal for carrying a fragrance and it seems to colour the scent too much, in my opinion. But I quite liked Rose Santal, Sunrise on LaSalle, and Weinstrasse. Yuzu Rose Patchouli seemed very artificial to me but for some reason I dig it too and keep wanting to smell it, but I still think it’s weird - at least the way it comes across on this soap.

I am a fan of the brushes, though.

I’m not the biggest DG soap fan - the base doesn’t seem ideal for carrying a fragrance and it seems to colour the scent too much, in my opinion. But I quite liked Rose Santal, Sunrise on LaSalle, and Weinstrasse. Yuzu Rose Patchouli seemed very artificial to me but for some reason I dig it too and keep wanting to smell it, but I still think it’s weird - at least the way it comes across on this soap.

I am a fan of the brushes, though.
Rose Santal is also on my shortlist :cool1:
Forgot to mention 88 Chestnut St, which is great as well. Reminds me a great deal of B&M's Angelique

Top Bottom