What's new

DE razor with Minimal or NO blade feel?

The best source for you is the League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers group. They are found under the Clubs and Organizations banner.
Here you can find out about what they use and like.
IMHO a Gillette Tech would be a good place to start.

+1! Those gentlemen are the experts IMO!! :clap: :clap:

Hi,

Personna Derma-Gard. This is a plastic, disposable, open comb razor with wrapped blade edges. Meant for hospital use, it can't nick. The edge wrap will keep the blade edge just a tad bit away from the surface of the skin.

personna-75-4005-prep-razor-detail.jpg

Stan

The best source for you is the League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers group. They are found under the Clubs and Organizations banner.
Here you can find out about what they use and like.
IMHO a Gillette Tech would be a good place to start.

Extraordinary Mild Shavers group....I am a proud member with my Techs.

I am a minimalist as well. I have the Rockwell 6S (plate 3), the Feather AS-D2, a Razorock DE1 and the new Occam's DE razor with the closed comb scallop base plate. All of these meet my daily needs.

Doesn’t seem to be a DE, yes?

Hi,

It is double edged. It's a Med Prep blade with the wrap and stuck in their disposable OC DE plastic razor. They also make a version with the standard Med Prep blade with no wrap.

It's a variant of their main DE production line in Verona, VA which makes three versions of the same blade: The standard Lab Blue which is not washed, the Med Prep which is washed, and the DermaGard which is wrapped and washed. But, the only way to buy the DermaGard is in the plastic razor. They don't package that variant in 100 count boxes as they do the other two.

Actually, I wasn't seriously suggesting anyone buy these. They are rather disappointing due to the wrap. But, if you truly don't want any blade feel, these will do that for you. As, I suspect, the Gillette cart I see advertised these days which sport a similar edge wrapping.

Stan

Just got a Razorock MJ-90A and think it may be there perfect combo of no blade feel/just the right amount of efficiency.

Hi,

You know, that drawing I pulled off the Accu-Tech site for the Derma-Gard *does* look single edged. Yet I had a few of these many years ago and they were double edged. I tried one as-is and then yanked the blade out and used it in other razors. I didn't like it regardless so I gave the rest away to others wanting to try the unusual. So, I have none left to take a pic of.

Maybe in the change from American Safety Razor to Accu-Tech they redesigned? Or, is the drawing just showing one side because what they are really advertising is the wrapped edge and not so much the plastic razor?

Well, I am not going to the surgical supply store to see. That is where mine came from. There was once a time when there was no internet shops or mail order for shaving and no shaving stuff in drugstores. So, the only place to get DE blades was the surgical supply shop. And, they stocked Personna.

Stan

Top Bottom