What's new

DE razor with Minimal or NO blade feel?

Tatara Masamune, Timeless bronze .38, ATT M1, CG lvl 1 have minimal blade feel FOR ME

Haven't tried (but plan to) the Feather or a Tech

The Rockwell 6 on plate 3 or less has basically no blade exposure. I couldn't shave anything with that razor. Tried several blades. Was shocked at how a razor could NOT do the one thing it was designed to do- cut hair. Anyway, the Feather popular also has minimal blade feel, but it's a terrific razor. It's very efficient imo.

Out of all the razors I've used, I'd have to say it's neck & neck between the Feather AS-D2 and the original Razorock Mamba.

I may be ridiculed for this, but I find that the Merkur Futur on a setting of 1 gives me an extremely smooth shave with very little blade feel. It may be because of the shape of the head. You can rock it back so that the head of the razor rides on your skin.

There's many mild razors out there but if you want a razor that is efficient with less blade feel, you hadn't go wrong with the Karve razor!

Even in D plate, I can hardly feel the blade at all and I can get the perfect shave with it whereas with mild razors, they are comfortable but don't give me a good shave at all.

The Rockwell 6S/6C is also excellent! I use plate 6 which has little blade feel but I can tell it's there. Up to plate 4 literally had no blade feel!
I wouldn't recommend the Karve D. I use this and love it, but there's positive blade exposure and (to me) I definitely feel the blade. The B or C may be better options.

Well I feel blade feel comes with the territory it ok...Gillette Tech would be the one for you but they aren’t all the same.

For my skin type I would say the razor that has minimal to no blade feel is Above the Tie Atlas S1 Slant. Extremely comfortable and pleasant as well to use. YMMv

I wouldn't recommend the Karve D. I use this and love it, but there's positive blade exposure and (to me) I definitely feel the blade. The B or C may be better options.

The D plate was not a recommendation but more an example.

There is no other razor I've ever used that has a 0.98mm gap which is so smooth on the skin!

I even use the F plate with full comfort (even though it does have blade feel).

With plate C, I literally thought there was no blade in the razor, and that's a 0.84mm blade gap!
Crazy good design!!

I may be wrong, but taking into account regular shave geometry (big assumption here), blade feel is really another word for blade exposure—the blade that extends beyond to top cap and shave plate at the 'correct' angle. I would research razors that publish this information. It's different from blade gap, btw (my dream razor has neutral blade exposure but a large(r) blade gap—in my head, increased efficiency with no blade feel). Unfortunately, it's not a terribly common stat that's provided. Karve publishes blade exposure, as does Tatara. If you are interested in a razor, feel free to contact the manufacturer directly for this info. And if you get it, please share!

For example, a number of people have recommended the Rockwell. It's on my stand and ready to go tomorrow (plate 4 with a feather (2))! It's a high recommend for me as well. But, I still don't know the blade exposure for any plate while knowing the blade gap.

With plate C, I literally thought there was no blade in the razor, and that's a 0.84mm blade gap!
Crazy good design!!
Sadly, I was only able to get the B and D. The B is too mild, the D is good but I do need to take breaks from it. I'm going to see about acquiring a C ... I think it may be a good daily driver.

Reactions: nav
Sadly, I was only able to get the B and D. The B is too mild, the D is good but I do need to take breaks from it. I'm going to see about acquiring a C ... I think it may be a good daily driver.

Yeah, I'd suggest you try the C because once you hit the plate that suits you, you'll love it!

If you like open comb, you can also try the B open comb plate, otherwise C straight bar.

Top Bottom