Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
11-1-20.El Fantasma.1.640JPG.JPG

11-1-20.El Fantasma.2.Great.640.JPG

11-1-20.El Fantasma.3.Bottom.640.JPG
11-1-20. El Fantasa.4.Good.640.JPG

11-1-20. El Fantasma.5. Side.640.JPG

11-1-20.El Fantasma.6.Oblique.640.JPG

El Fantasma glows in the dark. All of these were taken in a totally dark room without a flash.

Pretty cool according to me, but not as cool as how this razor shaves.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Monday's shave was good.

11-2-20.640.Wunderbar.RV-IBO.VitosRed.JPG

Wunderbar Razor
Barberpole Handle

Wizamet SI Blade, Flipped

Vitos Red Soap
Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak Handle
Shavemac 2 Band

The Usual Suspects ➡​
HyaluronicdAcid.Cremo.Beach.480.8-23-20.JPG

This was my best shave so far with the borrowed Wunderbar. I think it's a better razor with this handle which is lighter than the handle I've previously used with the Wunderbar.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Close your eyes and find out. You might be surprised.

Could be.

I wear glasses but not when I shave so I'm a little blurry in the mirror. Parts underneath my jaw are mostly done by feel I guess. I know one of the Excalibur members always shaves with closed eyes.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
11-1-20.El Fantasma.2.Great.640.JPG

El Fantasma glows in the dark. All of these were taken in a totally dark room without a flash.

Pretty cool according to me, but not as cool as how this razor shaves.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Just for the record, in these photos there is an inserted blade. However, the razor is not tightened down. You can see some gaps here and there, between the cap and baseplate.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I loosen the razor between shaves, and flip the blade immediately before the shave.
:laugh: That's why I was puzzled.

Post-shave, I disassemble my razor, clean and dry it (including the blade which I also flip) then reassemble it ready for the next shave.

Vive la difference! :punk:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Tuesday's shave was good.

11-3-20.Wunderbar.VitosRed.RV-Beehive.640.JPG

Wunderbar
Wizamet SI, Flipped
Vitos Red
RV D01 2 Band

Hyaluronic Acid
Beach Splash
Cremo Face Moisturizer​
HyaluronicdAcid.Cremo.Beach.480.8-23-20.JPG

My skills with the Wunderbar have improved. No doubt about it. Very cool to have the opportunity to get to know this borrowed razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Saturday continues my experiment with the Wunderbar. A member allowed me to borrow his.

11-7-20.Wunderbar.SOC-Boar.Vitos.640.JPG

SOC
Vitos Extra Super Coco
Wizamet SI, Flipped​

Have you seen this commercial? Watch it. It's quick.

The Wunderbar is not quite that easy which may or may not matter to you.

I wrote a pretty long mini review of the Wunderbar especially as compared with the FOCS, but decided to scrap it.

10-27-20.Cremo.HyaluronicAcid.PineappleBayRum.640.JPG

Pineapple Bay Rum is interesting.​

The SOC lost several bristles.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Sunday's shave was pretty good.

11-8-20.Chubby2-2band.VitosRed.iKonTech.640.JPG

Polsilver SI, Flipped, Not New
iKon Tech
Chubby 2 Silvertip Badger
Vitos Red
Hyaluronic Acid
Beach Aftershave and Cologne​
Beach (PAA) and Hyaluronic Acid.480.JPG

Also cut my hair today and shaved the back of my neck (with the FOCS). Pretty decent haircut. Pretty decent shave. I wouldn't say the iKon Tech is the smoothest shaver I've used recently (in terms of how it feels on my skin).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Monday's shave began the week right.

11-9-20.Wunderbar.RV-D01.VitosRed.640JPG.JPG

Wunderbar
Wizamet SI, Flipped Again

Rudy Vey Handle
Shavemac D01 2 Band Knot
Vitos Extra Super Coco Soap

The Usual Suspects ➡​
HyaluronicAcid.Cremo.BayRum.480.8-22-20.JPG

I am looking for a few razors I can't locate. I found the PBOCS, but I can't find the iKon X3; used both of them in Slantember. If you've seen my X3 let me know where.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I am looking for a few razors I can't locate. I found the PBOCS, but I can't find the iKon X3; used both of them in Slantember. If you've seen my X3 let me know where.

The bottom drawer of your desk at the office. Under a stack of folders, staplers, spare pens and pencils. You know, the "They'll be safe here." spot.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Good idea, but not there.

I know 100% where it will be: The last place I look.

Yes, that's where it was. I've found my lost iKon X3. It was in the last placed I looked, but there are two meanings to that, the second of which occurred to me when I wrote what I wrote above.
  1. It was the last place I looked because I found it. I don't have to look anywhere else.
  2. It was the last place I'd already looked meaning it occurred to me that the logical place for it to be would be where I found the PBOCS. Since I'd already looked there I figured if it were there it was hiding. So, I looked again in the place I'd found the PBOCS, this time moving things for a deeper look. It had a good hideout, but not good enough to defeat my efforts. I found the X3 right away looking where it logically should be.
I think that's very cool. Seriously, I've been looking for it for a few weeks.

11-9-20.Wunderbar.RV-D01.VitosRed.640JPG.JPG

⬅ Wunderbar
X3➡​
9-14-20.iKonX3.Vitos.70:30.640.JPG

Very cool. I need the X3 so I can compare it with the Wunderbar. While I still have the Wunderbar to play with experiment with, I want to take full advantage.

Thanks for helping me find the X3, Mike @Esox.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Top Bottom