What's new

Damaskeene

Where are good places online to find a nice condition Damaskeene?

I haven't seen anything in the Mall for a while.

Good luck. I got two (and sold one) on eBay but neither was in great condition. However, both shaved just fine.

Where are good places online to find a nice condition Damaskeene?

I haven't seen anything in the Mall for a while.

The usually places... such as the 'Bay and Etsy, but expect to pay too much for one. Try adding WTB in your signature line and see what happens. We have many members here that have multiple pieces of the same razor, you may get lucky.

I bought two Damaskeenes off Ebay...one was broken and one was damaged but still works. Fortunately, I did not pay very much. But the lesson is these razors are very old and good ones are scarce. Add to that these razors are currently popular and, unless your are very lucky, you will have competition to buy them. There is actually one on Ebay and the BIN price is $99.00! Of course, that is insane but the prices have gone up.

I put out a "WTB Handsome Damaskeene Razor" on my signature line and have gotten zero replies.

Strike three! My bad luck continues.

I won what certainly appeared to be a Damaskeene, although it was not mentioned in the description or title. It went cheap. From the poor photos it looked pretty rough.

The package showed up in Saturday's mail. It was a completely different razor. A poor example of a brass 1912 chain link handle. Don't know if it was bait and switch or an honest mistake. I also think it's possible he decided he didn't get enough for it and sent this *** instead.

I can't win.

Last edited:
I bought a couple of minty ones last year off eBay. It took me a while to find them. They both sport BRW custom handles and are cornerstones of my SE Shave Den. Have patience, nice ones do show up. It was close to 5 months between finding my first one and second one. I think I paid low to mid twenties for both of mine and they are pretty minty.

I won what certainly appeared to be a Damaskeene, although it was not mentioned in the description or title. It went cheap. From the poor photos it looked pretty rough.

The package showed up in Saturday's mail. It was a completely different razor. A poor example of a brass 1912 chain link handle. Don't know if it was bait and switch or an honest mistake. I also think it's possible he decided he didn't get enough for it and sent this *** instead.

I can't win.

Man Jeff...

You cannot win for losing. I feel for you brother.

Sometimes an ebay seller will put one up, but not include the word "Damaskeene" in the title or description while showing in the photos that it is in fact a Damaskeene. Those seem to go for less because the LOSERS who are depending the ebay search function to find them aren't seeing them.

I can't win.

I would return it!!! Do you have a link the the auction???

That sucks brother !!

I would return it!!! Do you have a link the the auction???

That sucks brother !!
Seller decided to give me a full refund including shipping and I keep the wrong razor. I think he feared about negative feedback. The amount of money we're talking is less than $6.00 total.

Last edited:
Its luck more than anything. check BST nonstop. I stumbled upon my minty cased 1902 D by accident. Yep 1902. Wonder how many "1902" 1912s exist. Especially minty with strop ad and blades cased.

But keep looking brother, my daily driver thats user grade, and my 2 minty cased ones... all had for about 20-25 each. You will find your D and the rest of your razors will get little to no use after that, count on it.

Sometimes an ebay seller will put one up, but not include the word "Damaskeene" in the title or description while showing in the photos that it is in fact a Damaskeene. Those seem to go for less because the LOSERS who are depending the ebay search function to find them aren't seeing them.

One reason I never rely on that feature.

I got mine on April Fool's day of this year for $20.63 including shipping.
The case exterior was rough as usual, but nice on the inside and the razor was near mint.

Yes, they're out there and I agree about not using specific names in the search. If I were looking, I'd just go with
"gem razor" and see what turns up. You might stumble on something else nice.

Jeff, sorry about that wrong razor being sent...that's either serious carelessness or deliberate sleight of hand. I'd ask him what happened to the one he photographed and put on eBay.

Jeff, sorry about that wrong razor being sent...that's either serious carelessness or deliberate sleight of hand. I'd ask him what happened to the one he photographed and put on eBay.

Hey Bill,

Yeah, that deal did seem fishy. I asked what happened and he just said he thought he sent the right one. Before I could respond back he had already sent a full refund including shipping. Later he sent a note to keep the razor he sent.

I just finished up winning an EBAY dispute with yet another Damaskeene seller who sent me a damaged one without mentioning it in his description and it was hidden in the one photo. EBAY quickly ruled in my favor and I got a full refund plus shipping. So, I decided it might start looking funny if I filed yet another claim against a seller. Otherwise, I would have held him to account for the missing razor.

Last edited:
I am glad that I have not had a lot of problems with the Bay.

I have several Gem Razors but, not the type discussed here.

So I may have to start looking for one of them to calm my RAD.

Jeff, I've been getting a batch of razors ready to put up on the BST but haven't got to it yet due to travel and a busy hectic time of year. I had actually forgotten what-all was in the pile until looking through them yesterday. One of them is a boxed Damaskeene in lovely shape, complete with some NOS Damaskeene blades which I don't recommend using but they're fun to have. The head is near minty but the handle has some spots on it, but a little elbow grease and the right polish should take care of it. PM me your address and it's yours. Thanks for your service and to H*LL with ebay.

Jeff, I've been getting a batch of razors ready to put up on the BST but haven't got to it yet due to travel and a busy hectic time of year. I had actually forgotten what-all was in the pile until looking through them yesterday. One of them is a boxed Damaskeene in lovely shape, complete with some NOS Damaskeene blades which I don't recommend using but they're fun to have. The head is near minty but the handle has some spots on it, but a little elbow grease and the right polish should take care of it. PM me your address and it's yours. Thanks for your service and to H*LL with ebay.

What a guy!

Top Bottom