What's new

D.R. Harris Arlington, the divine

Marco, another great review. Hey can we have a section just for Marco's reviews? It would make them a lot easier to find.

One question. How does D. R. Harris Arlington compare to Martin de Candre?

Great review.

The scent is lovely, I have to disagree on the performance however... I struggle to get lather anywhere near the quality of Cella, Moos, MdC, Valobra, heck even Mama Bears.

It seems to be very finicky with water ratio. This and MWF are the only soaps I have no luck with. London water maybe? Ironic if this is the case!

John

Great review.

The scent is lovely, I have to disagree on the performance however... I struggle to get lather anywhere near the quality of Cella, Moos, MdC, Valobra, heck even Mama Bears.

It seems to be very finicky with water ratio. This and MWF are the only soaps I have no luck with. London water maybe? Ironic if this is the case!

John

I'm guessing your water is similar to mine, and I've had no problem getting great lather from any of the Harris soaps. I always load my brush for a minimum of one minute irrespective of the soap used. MWF gave me trouble initially but using a brush with more backbone solved that problem.

David

thank god i already have this one marco, hah! but i agree, this is a winner in many respects.....its a great springtime scent, as soon as it rolls around imma break out the stick and AS

Marco, another great review. Hey can we have a section just for Marco's reviews? It would make them a lot easier to find.

MdC IMHO is one of the finest soaps produced. In my top 3 (if not top 1) for sure.

Arlington ranks on my list in the top 5-10. It is a good soap and if you are only about the scent, then it is one of the tops period. One of the best scents out there, but performance wise I would put MWF, AOS/Valobra, Cella and maybe a couple others ahead of it.

Man, do I wish they made a rose soap. Same goes for AoS- their rose cream is amazing, too.

Yeah, me too. I kind of already regret selling my Rose Cream last month on BST. I really need to try C&S 88 though to get a great performing rose soap back in my rotation.

Another great performing Rose Cream is DC 1913 (pricey though).

Anyway, got on a tangent here. Once again Arlington is great! :thumbup:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

Here's an easy solution- get the Arlington cream. It's one of the best creams made, and lathering is a no brainer.

Yeah, me too. I kind of already regret selling my Rose Cream last month on BST. I really need to try C&S 88 though to get a great performing rose soap back in my rotation.

C&S 88 is even better than you can imagine. :thumbup1:

Here's an easy solution- get the Arlington cream. It's one of the best creams made, and lathering is a no brainer.

C&S 88 is even better than you can imagine. :thumbup1:

It is one of the last remaining soaps I want to try (that and O&C). I absolutely love the EdT's of these (though O&C longevity is an issue on me) and will eventually get the soaps.

Coincidently, I'm on a mission to actually finish both my DR Harris Lavender and QCS Lavender soaps before buying O&C. Trying to really reduce the den and only want 1 lavender in there (ok 2 as AOS will probably remain as well).

Ok, back to thread topic - the nice thing about Arlington is that there are no other soaps out there with a similar scent. Stuff is amazing scent wise.

I love the Arlington Soap & Cream :thumbup1:

I haven't sniffed them side by side but from memory the Arlington Shaving Cream smelled quite similar to Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Great review Marco, as usual.:biggrin1: You are really a trend setter in shaving. Off the topic, I am always wondering is there any tallow in the ingredients list?

Thank you, Berkin. Yes, there is tallow in this shaving soap. The Arlington is a "second tallow" soap.

Marco you always do an incredible job of reviewing products !! I love DR Harris Arlington. It is in my opinion one of the best around. Everyone owes it to themselves to try a puck of this awesome soap.

Thanks, Paul.

As usual, great review Marco. But now you are recommending English soaps in addition to Italian soaps! I am running out of room to stock all of these goodies. :w00t:

Jim, my friend, is it my fault if those great English Gentlemen have these marvellous products?... :lol: Thank you so much for your always kind words of appreciation! :thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Arlington is one of my favorites.

Marco, I enjoy your enthusiastic reviews, inspired me to use my Arlington soap and AS today. You could give a regal description of a cow chip.:biggrin1:

Thank you very much!

Marco,

Great review! I'm wondering how you would compare the Marlborough to Arlington?

I have no experience with the Marlborough and cannot make a real comparison, but, from what I've heard here on B&B, this should have a similar performance compared to the Arlington. Also, between the two, B&B members seem to prefer the better scent of the Arlington. :thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Thanks! This really seems to much! :lol::thumbup1: The Arlington is quite different from MdC: different formulation, different scent, different lather... But both perform TREMENDOUSLY well. If we want to split hairs, I could say that the Arlington gives a slightly thicker lather and smells better. MdC is somehow easier to lather up and gives a bit more slickness. Obviously, my opinion.

Arlington Soap and Cologne are fantastic products Marco. Thanks for posting.

Thanks, David. The Arlington Cologne is wonderful, too! :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

I have no experience with the Marlborough and cannot make a real comparison, but, from what I've heard here on B&B, this should have a similar performance compared to the Arlington. Also, between the two, B&B members seem to prefer the better scent of the Arlington. :thumbup1:

The Marlborough soap has identical performance to the Arlington. I tried it a few times and gave it away. A personal opinion, but to me the scent was repugnant.

David

I missed my shave yesterday (a rarity these days) and have been debating all day on what i would use to remove this itchy mess from my face and neck. I had it narrowed to Tabac and Arlington, but I think this will put it over the edge for me Arlington it is. Great review. I am also in favor of a Sticy or some other collection of Marco's reviews because they are all amazing.

thank god i already have this one marco, hah! but i agree, this is a winner in many respects.....its a great springtime scent, as soon as it rolls around imma break out the stick and AS

Spring scent you say? I was just thinking about a second soap to give me a change of pace from my Trumpers Rose. Spring isn't too far away! Maybe I will put some Arlington on my wishlist.

Top Bottom