What's new

D.R. Harris Arlington, the divine

I've only managed to try the Almond soap, but it is a fantastic product and very hard. It also makes a top-notch lather with no irritation.

Spring scent you say? I was just thinking about a second soap to give me a change of pace from my Trumpers Rose. Spring isn't too far away! Maybe I will put some Arlington on my wishlist.

I used my Arlington shave stick last night and followed it with 4711 aftershave - great combo :thumbup1:

Spring scent you say? I was just thinking about a second soap to give me a change of pace from my Trumpers Rose. Spring isn't too far away! Maybe I will put some Arlington on my wishlist.
It's very floral and powdery. Personally it reminds me of the last time I was in a funeral home but YMMV. I can't fault its performance though.

I have Arlington in a bowl and travel stick. I bought my Arlington bowl at the same time I bought my first DE razor a year ago. I was living in a shared house where i had a sink in my bed room. I would often sit at my computer, reading or watching things, with the bowl of soap in my hands, holding it under my nose. I completely agree with your summation of this soap... Simply amazing.

I have 25 types of shaving soaps right now. I hope to narrow this herd down to 5 or 6 keepers and then stick with them.

MWF and Arlington are the two I have already started stocking replacement pucks.

Great stuff - superb on every measure you can apply to a shaving soap! :yesnod:

I don't think we get this one in Sweden, but it does sound intrigueing. I might just go for an overseas package... oh, no! It's the SAD! :em16:

Great review Marco. Arlington is an excellent soap with a unique scent that's fresh and invigorating - without being too poofy.

Marco, I am following you on your recommendations - (so far - Prorasco, Cella, Shark SC blades) - and excellent results on all those so far. Maybe the Arlington will be next but your reviews cut through the mess of options available. Thank you Marco.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Great review Marco. Arlington is an excellent soap with a unique scent that's fresh and invigorating - without being too poofy.

Thanks, mate. The Arlington is truly exceptional. And its scent... :001_wub:

Marco, I am following you on your recommendations - (so far - Proraso, Cella, Shark SC blades) - and excellent results on all those so far. Maybe the Arlington will be next but your reviews cut through the mess of options available. Thank you Marco.

Thank you so much, my friend! Glad to see you are getting wonderful shaves! :wink2:

Arlington is my favorite soap and is for your scent. Love it!!!:001_wub: Thanks for your great reviews Marco!!!

Thank you, Daniel! :001_smile

Another very enjoyable, and highly accurate, review by Marco!

Thank you for a good read. Arlington is probably my favorite soap, straight or DE.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Arlington is indeed one of my favorites. Aside from the great performance of this soap (which is top-notch) this is also one of my favorite layering scents (along with Floris JF).

With Arlington, I not only use the shaving soap but the bath soap, aftershave and cologne as well, for a truly Arlington experience.

Now if DRH would only make a shampoo and hair tonic in the Arlington line that would make it complete for me.

As always, well done Marco. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom