What's new

D.I.Y corner show me your creations

I made an interior for my favourite razor box last year.

I made cut outs in the foam before covering it, so the handles dont move and the gap top and bottom stop the razors moving.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of coat hanger stands. I'll either paint or plasti-dip to protect both the stand and the shave gear.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1389667136488.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1389667136488.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,011
This was my project when I could get a few minutes after my twins were born.

I made it from a piece of koa. There is no hardware in it, just a little wood glue to make the base tighter to the riser.

My tools are limited so this was made with a coping saw, hand drill, dremel, and lots of sandpaper.

The finish is Formby's Tung Oil Finish (which is not real tung oil, it's a varnish derived from tung oil).

$DSC_2312.jpg

Koa is beatiful. After finishing it has a tiger-eye like appearance.

My wife uses the mach 3's...

Awesome projects everyone. I'm working on my own custom razor/brush stand right now so hopefully I'll have some pictures to add to this soon.

Finally, after overcoming a bad case of the lazies, I got this done.

Attachments

• $IMG_0237.jpg
    $IMG_0237.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 822
  • $IMG_0239.jpg
    $IMG_0239.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 813
Made this Brush/Stand combo for a friend of mine.

Brush handle is cherry wood, with a 22mm Finest from TGN. The stand is Osage Orange wood.

Last edited:
beautiful work! Handcarved? What tools did you use?

For the stand, i cut out the curve in the middle with a jigsaw (not fun i might add). That Osage proved to be a very worthy opponent, not only to the jigsaw. But to the 50 grit sandpaper. It was a block, so i also used a handsaw to cut off the corners. Then i sanded the heck out of to make the back of it round.

For the handle, i used a black & decker RTX rotary tool. Along with a lot of sanding to shape it out. I used a marine spar sealer (three coats) to protect it from water/moisture.

Thank you sir.

Top Bottom