What's new

D.I.Y corner show me your creations

hi
all

hope you enjoyed the holidays.

i would like to see your creations no matter what blade bank,brushes,razor holders, you name it post it shaving related of coarse .
as i need inspiration please,however it would be good to see yours..

dave

I'm super stoked to see what people are going to post. I don't really have any nice DIY's of my own, but since I didn't want to buy a stand for my brush just yet, I applied one side of velcro on the back end of it (the soft side) and superglued a square of the hard side of velcro underneath my cabinet. The result is a hanging brush after I'm done using it! It's a cheap tweezerman so I don't mind the velcro.

$2012-12-29 11.49.52.jpg$2012-12-29 11.50.37.jpg

Last edited:
that is a really good idea i like it:) here is my version of your idea ages ago had spear paracoard 550 laying around and made this
im am stoked had a good look around and there was no diy corner
$IMGP1323.jpg
$IMGP1324.jpg

dave

Last edited:
Here's a brush and razor holder I made from oak and attached to the cabinet next to my shaving sink. Tried to match the color of the existing cabinets... not too bad. Looks better in person (why is this always the case?).
$WP_20121230_015.jpg

I made a razor holder, plus a shelf to fit above it inside a cabinet. I'm lucky to have a cabinet next to the mirror that holds MOST of my shaving gear. (More razors, brushes, creams and blades can be hidden from sight there. Don't want my wife to think I am going overboard!). My supportive wife made me a shaving robe, too.

Attachments

• $IMG_2633.jpg
    $IMG_2633.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,695
  • $IMG_2634.jpg
    $IMG_2634.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 3,659
  • $shaving_robe2.jpg
    $shaving_robe2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 3,667
I am in the process of making a wooden box for my DE razor. I milled a pocket for a long handled razor and a pocket for a blade package in some walnut.
proxy.php

I then glued some hard maple on the bottom and have some more maple for the lid. I plan to use barrel hinges and a magnetic catch for hardware.
proxy.php

I will have them finished in a couple weeks.

Edit: I also have a brush restoration on the go. I am waiting for a TGN 24mm Silvertip grade A which is going into an Albright Rubberset handle.

Last edited:
Some pretty cool ideas. Im looking to make some sort of stand/caddy for my razors, brush, mugs, and etc. Thinking to modify a toothbrush stand as well.

@Quigg thats a really cool razor holder. I'm not the most handy guy in town, but that looks like something I could actually build myself. I'm going to need two pieces of wood and screws.

Here are a few things I've made.

Walnut razor and brush stand 1.
full

Walnut razor and brush stand 2.
proxy.php

Aluminum FAS stand.
proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My old shave cave.
$CIMG0441.jpg

My new shave domicile.
$vitviken_two_bowl_sink.jpg

I created the layout and the space. Ikea created the sink and cabinet.

A quick, adjustable brush stand I threw together last night. I still am going to paint it and it is very functional.

$brushstand1.jpg

here's a stand i made: it's mdf (should have gone to home depot for actual wood) it's my first one, so hopefully i will improve.

proxy.php

You guys make some REALLY NICE stuff.

Top Bottom