What's new

Custom D01 Shavemac - 20% off, 3 knot sizes, 3 handle choices, 3 colors, engraving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I just suggested that because the fan shape would make the brush "seem" larger - thus you could still save money by getting a smaller knot, while it would in fact work and feel like a bigger brush.

On the Shavemac page they call it a flat top not a fan type. All the fan types I have seen still have a roundness to them this one offered here looks totally flat to me :confused:

Paddy, I am again sorry that you had an unfortunate experience, but I do agree that you had every right to post that. What I am wondering is why your issue was not resolved in a satisfactory manner. Every other occurance of a Shavemac shedding too much or having a problem always ends with the result it being replaced or repaired, at no charge:
Problems with Shavemac Quality??
losing lots of hairs on Shavemac 177
Shavemac problem
My shavemac died

you and me both. i have no idea why he did not resolve the matter. all i heard of before i before i bought shavemac was the great customer service etc. so i was surprised and disappointed and that that was not borne out for me.

those other threads you have highlighted are all to do with shedding / glue issues also and they only serve to underline to me and convince me more than ever that the problem was definitely to do with the epoxy and/or glueing used in the brush, rather than any fault of my using it. i knew his excuse and putting the blame on to me was complete bs then and i still don't know to this day why he just wouldn't simply accept that the brush i bought was an obvious dud and should have been replaced.

Last edited:
Paddy, I am again sorry that you had an unfortunate experience, but I do agree that you had every right to post that. What I am wondering is why your issue was not resolved in a satisfactory manner. Every other occurance of a Shavemac shedding too much or having a problem always ends with the result it being replaced or repaired, at no charge:

Problems with Shavemac Quality??

This was my post. I can tell you Bernd was amazing and his customer service was exemplary. His customer service was so fantastic in fact that I have considered buying exclusively from him.

I am sorry to hear there was a bad experience, mine was second to none.

On the Shavemac page they call it a flat top not a fan type. All the fan types I have seen still have a roundness to them this one offered here looks totally flat to me :confused:

I have a fan type with a horn handle and it does have some curvature to the knot. These are most likely demo brushes and don't have the knot glued into the handle. This could also affect the shape of the final product.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Lest anyone think otherwise, I just want to confirm that this is not an official "B&B Group Buy" (the sort that you see here from time to time ... including whatever might or might not be 'in the works' :001_rolle).

The Mods may or may not take an official position on this ... it is under discussion ... but I don't want people thinking that this has the imprimatur of B&B, and relying on that when deciding whether or not to join this endeavour.

FWIW, the "Group Buy" wording issue has been resolved in a most satisfactory manner, and "Huntmol" has been gentlemanly throughout.

B&B didn't organise or sponsor this opportunity to get a nifty brush from Shavemac, but that doesn't stop y'all from joining up in this Group effort.

Hi guys.
I'm eying a 21mm, bulb shape. Can you help me out making up my mind?
I'm using mostly soap (99%) and lather directly on face. Does anyone knows how does this brush compare to:
- rooney
- BBE
Thank you for the info.
The D01 Shavemacs will work work amazingly with soaps. As far as compared to a Rooney or BBE - it will be just as dense as a Rooney (but softer), and much denser and softer than a BBE.

You're right... I guess these brushes will work more like the Enchante Shavemaster brushes than typical fan-shaped brushes.

I ordered mine. Style 1 21mm knot 50mm loft in Horn. I'm excited to try this brush, as it's one that I have been tempted to order on my own. I look forward to using it as my new soap brush.

Huntmol,
Thanks again for arranging this. I ordered my second custom Shavemac through your deal. I ordered the smallest one, for face lathering, so I can compare with my Rooney Alibaba 1. One of those is going to get a rest, I suspect. Now I cannot wait for mid-March.
Larry

I ordered mine. Style 1 21mm knot 50mm loft in Horn. I'm excited to try this brush, as it's one that I have been tempted to order on my own. I look forward to using it as my new soap brush.

Huntmol,
Thanks again for arranging this. I ordered my second custom Shavemac through your deal. I ordered the smallest one, for face lathering, so I can compare with my Rooney Alibaba 1. One of those is going to get a rest, I suspect. Now I cannot wait for mid-March.
Larry

Just curious how much was shipping. I want an idea of what the total will be. Thank you.

I just keep coming back to this thread, I really want to jump on this, but I can't justify it. I have a few Shavemacs already and about 8 brushes total. I just can't justify this one. In fact this is a great test for me. Can I resist?

If you don't have a D01 jump on this, if you do.... Best of luck in resisting, this is tough.

Anyone know how tall the handles are? I am trying to decide which style suits me best in terms of grip and comfort. My initial thought is that Handle 2 looks like it would feel similar to the B&B Essential, while Handle 1 might feel similar to the C&E BBB or a Persian jar except for having a higher waistline. I suspect Handle 2 is taller than the C&E BBB, so it would end up having a similar feel and grip as the C&E . I have nothing to compare Handle 3 with, but it looks the most neutral.

Anyone know how tall the handles are? I am trying to decide which style suits me best in terms of grip and comfort. My initial thought is that Handle 2 looks like it would feel similar to the B&B Essential, while Handle 1 might feel similar to the C&E BBB or a Persian jar except for having a higher waistline. I suspect Handle 2 is taller than the C&E BBB, so it would end up having a similar feel and grip as the C&E . I have nothing to compare Handle 3 with, but it looks the most neutral.

Not sure having never seen these handles in person, but I'd say that Handle 1 is very similar in size to a SR3824

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom