What's new

Custom D01 Shavemac - 20% off, 3 knot sizes, 3 handle choices, 3 colors, engraving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, 73! He was giving us this much of a discount when he was hoping for 25. Imagine what he could have offered if we told him we could get 75 :eek:

Still a great deal, though. Thanks for setting it up Hunter!!

Holy crap, 73! He was giving us this much of a discount when he was hoping for 25. Imagine what he could have offered if we told him we could get 75 :eek:

Actually, that is the reason that this was such a great deal. For most group deals, this is the Shavemac discount:

Selling 20 brushes = 10%
Selling 35 brushes = 12%
Selling 50 brushes and more = 18%

The reason Bernd freaking rules is that he gave us the maximum discount, no questions asked, if we could just sell 25 brushes (which, at the time, was a lofty goal). We had no idea the sale would be so successful, but even if we had, the discount wouldn't have been any more than it was.

I emailed Bernd today and asked if my order made it in time. He said yes, and even switched the brush to horn instead of ivory on my request, had a change of heart.

I'm pretty excited, and I hope I've finally found the brush. I really don't want SBAD, I've only ever had one brush at a time since I started this last July.

C&E BBB -> QED Select Silvertip 22mm -> Shavemac D01 21mm Bulb!

I like the QED brush a whole heck of a lot, though my guess is that the Shavemac will blow it out of the water, just like I felt the QED blew the BBB out of the water.

...I really don't want SBAD, I've only ever had one brush at a time since I started this last July...

Personally, I think owning 2 brushes is nothing to worry about. Variety is nice, and I believe that alternating brushes, thus allowing them to dry completely between uses, is good for them. Plus, if you only own two brushes, you're still showing far greater restraint than most of us on here! :biggrin:

-Andy

Hey guys!
The Mods have asked me to move this discussion back to the Shaving Brushes forum.
However, before this thread is closed, I am going to be my usual long-winded self once more...

My most sincere thanks to all of you who responded via email to my initial posting - you 8 guys know who you are, and it is largely your responses that gave me the first hope that this could actually work, even when I was studying for 3 exams while simultaneously checking and re-checking the initial threads for responses. Additional thanks to all who put links in their signatures, mentioned this sale in newcomers' "which brush to buy" threads, defended D01 to the uninformed, wrote reviews or impressions, answered questions, asked questions, or gave their input on specifications.

One last thank you - to the gentlemen of Badger and Blade.
This is the first time I've ever done anything like this, but it was a great feeling reading all of the interest in the offer, and it was even better hearing all the thank yous in emails, PMs, and posts. Doing this has reaffirmed my belief that B&B really is the best community I have ever come across on the internet, and I am glad to be a part of it.

I'm going to be honest with you all - I actually did not purchase a brush through this offer. I've already got a great D01 Shavemac, and as I've said before - for me, it was the end of my Shaving Brush Aquisition Disorder. I wonder how many members will find themselves cured in a few weeks... :biggrin:

Enjoy those new brushes, fellas!
Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom