What's new

Currently... how long will 10 blades last you?

Depends on the blade. I just ditched a Polisilver after 32 shaves so ten blades could easily do over 300 shave-days. The Voskhod that went in next will if i push it, go for four so-so shaves, so ten of those 40 shave-days.

dave

Depends on the blades.........

Any 10 of these......
Bic Chrome Platinum, Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless, Personna Platinum Chrome,
Racer Super Class Platinum, Silver Star, Wilkinson Sword (Germany) or Zaza Supreme Stainless
40 good days of shaving

Anything else...........
30 days

Probably around 50 shaves. I could make it last longer but why? I usually change blades when it feels like a rough spot grabbed my skin. Sometimes that might not be the blade but it's an unusual occurrence so when in doubt I change the blade.

Ten blades would probably last me much long than 50 shaves but that's only because I use a straight much of the time and just touch up with a DE after the last pass with the straight.

Still, during the times when I only use a DE I think I usually change blades after 5-7 shaves.

3 shaves - 4 shaves a week = 1 blade a week for most blades = 10 weeks. I could get more shaves out of some blades (i.e I ditched an Astra SP that still felt sharp after 4 shaves today) but sometimes after a week I just want to chuck in a different blade.

I would say 70 shaves at the moment, which is about 3 months - but that number will nearly double once I finish my DE blade trials and settle down with a 100-pack of something (which will probably represent about 5 years of blades?)

I shave everyday, so at 3 shaves per blade, they would last me a month. If they are Polsilvers or Iridiums, I get 4 shaves per blade, so 10 blades would last me a bit longer than a month.

Hi,

I only use US made Personnas and I shave every day, two passes (WTG ATG). I change the blade out before it falls off, which is on the 1st and 16th of each month. So that means I will go five months on the ten blades.

Stan

I generally change my top blades after about 7 shaves, so 10 blades would last about 10 weeks. Highly variable as I get 4 shaves with some blades and 14+ with others (generally 3-passses/shave).

I'm with the crowd on this one, I average 4-5 shaves a blade. So 10 blades would last me 40 - 50 shaves, about 1 1/2 months.

Ten months to a year, depending on the blade. 10 weeks if they are Derby Extras, could only stand six shaves on that blade. Premium blades probably a year and a half.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If they are GSB then they would last for probably 75 shaves, depending on my razor of choice....

There couldn't be a more YMMV question out there in shaving!! This is why...

Most that get high #'s of usage from a blade only make 1-2 passes per shave so of course the count is going to be high, but for someone like myself, I make 4 passes daily because my beard growth is thick and grows in 4 different directions on my face so I have to do 4 passes to get what I consider a DFS... I have no idea what a BBS shave is as I have never accomplished that in 40+yrs shaving!! Maybe I did when I had peach fuzz for growth when I was 15yrs old!! Can't remember!!

With that said I would say I get about 6-8, 4 pass daily shaves out of a blade so 10 blades would last me about 10-12 weeks...

Top Bottom