What's new

Currently... how long will 10 blades last you?

head shaver and face shaver daily. my blades are usually good for 4 shaves before they start feeling ragged. some blades last a good deal longer (german wilks do well for longevity). so I'd say 8-12 weeks depending on the blade.

7 months, the ones I use feathers, Gillette silver blue, polsilver super iridium and astra sp last me six shaves per blade. I shave every three days.

Two blades a month for me, so at least 5 months or so.

I use a blade at least 7 or 8 times, sometimes longer and shave every other day.

I shave my head and clean up the beard lines almost every day. I can get 30+ shaves on an Astra SP. If I had to I could get year out of 10 blades. For SE blades Gem Stainless would last me about 3-4 months and Schick blades would go 6-8 months.

I like this topic. Who knows. Depends on the blade and each blade themselves. I've had new blades get tossed after 1 shave and I've use the same one for 2 weeks but usually at a week I change the blade. I have no idea what some do to get a blade to last longer??

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Ten blades will last a lot longer than my ocd will allow (five and out on any blade). I recently shaved with a Gillette Platinum for eleven days and it really didn't change. It still had plenty of life. So, accounting for my ocd two and a half months of five days a week shaving or 60-days (even though I know better now). :blush:

Top Bottom