What's new

Curious about your bad choices

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
After almost 2 years back with the pipe, I still am underwhelmed by English blends I've tried. They smoke okay . . . but I still find myself looking forward to something with burley's cocoa and nuttiness.

My impression from watching folks online, is that blends with Latakia in them, seem to be enjoyed more by people who smoke multiple pipes a day. Maybe that leads to needing a stronger tasting smoke.

I have about 500g stashed away, and do enjoy a (very) occasional small bowl, but then don't touch it again for another six months or more. I expect the Latakias to be the last remaining blends in my stash, after everything else is smoked up. However, I only smoke a couple of bowls per week, on average.

Even when I fancy a "meatier" smoke, I tend to reach for dark Virginia/Burley like Coniston Cut Plug, Revor Plug, Lakeland Dark, Irish Flake, and so on.

Not sure yet if Haunted Bookshop is a bad choice. I smoked only a bit of it on Wednesday, got a noticeable cigar aroma from it, and have put it aside for now.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Not sure yet if Haunted Bookshop is a bad choice. I smoked only a bit of it on Wednesday, got a noticeable cigar aroma from it, and have put it aside for now.
Some of the C&D Warped blends are like that too.
Takes a little getting used to, but ultimately, I've come around.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm not a fan of cigar-ish tones in my pipe tobacco either, nor of smoking cigars themselves. I can tolerate them if I'm in the right mood, so the leaf doesn't go to waste, but they'll never be favourites.

Top Bottom