What's new

Curious about my Schick J4

A while back, I bought a NOS Schick 500 off of the famous auction site. It truly is a lovely razor in every respect, and I am very happy with it. However, I have a question about it. The head says Schick 500, the original hang-tag says Schick 500, it comes in a brand new Schick 500 case, and I believe that it really is a Schick 500.

I have looked at Schick 500 pics on the internet, and it looks like them, except for one thing. All the pics I have seen show a round handle, like the J3. This one has a square handle. Could it be some kind of transition model?

I really prefer the square handle as it is easy to grip, and I can orient the head by feel, instead of having to look at it in the mirror. I have absolutely no complaints, but I am just curious if somebody can tell me a little about it.

I hope the image comes through OK because this is the first post I have made with an image, and I am not sure how to do it right.

Attachments

• $Schick 500.jpg
    $Schick 500.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Thanks, Alan. I looked all over the internet at the time, but I guess I missed that thread. All of the other pictures show a round handle.

Top Bottom