What's new

crown king plastic scuttle

I have exactly one scuttle and it's that one. Crown King Travel Scuttle. I really like it for the cold weather. And I've found that my 15 year old son has been using it for his shaves, which are now about once a week. He really likes it. It works great and I don't have to worry about dropping it. I only wish it was little bit wider towards the bottom of the bowl. Other than that it's great.

well after so more use. i have decided i don't care for the scuttle. i find it to small in circumference. and and the angle of the bowl forces the brush into a point which seems to really shrink the surface area. the warm lather part works great. the shatter proof part is amazing. but i think i am going back to my dirty bird mug

well after so more use. i have decided i don't care for the scuttle. i find it to small in circumference. and and the angle of the bowl forces the brush into a point which seems to really shrink the surface area. the warm lather part works great. the shatter proof part is amazing. but i think i am going back to my dirty bird mug

I've been looking at getting one. If you want to part with it, let me know.

I've already knocked this scuttle off the bathroom counter twice, once to the floor and once into the sink. Either time would have shattered or damaged a ceramic mug or bowl. So it's already proved, and paid for, itself.

That was my main focus on buying it. I may try something in plastic soon. I have seen the proraso mug. But that looks too small.

I got it a couple of months ago and have used it many times with very good results. It keeps the lather warm which is rather nice. For me at least it works better than my ceramic scuttle and I don't have to worry about it falling and breaking on me. For travel is works great and I don't have to worry about it breaking in my luggage. The sample soap I got with the scuttle is great for lathering but the smell is only so so for me. I would recommend it.
One update, the soap has grown on me quite a bit and I broke down and purchased a tub.

I’m traveling right now and I’m using the scuttle to soak my brush while I’m showering, it’s hot so not using it to lather and get a warm lather but I’m not concerned about the cleaner knocking it off the counter it or wasting disposable cups to soak my brush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this scuttle. I bought it for travel. I don't like the shape as it is to narrow at the bottom which made it difficult for me to build lather. I also didn't think it warmed the lather or kept it warmer than the ceramic lathering bowls I have. I decided to buy a second Timeless bowl for travel. I find it easier to build lather with the Timeless bowl and it cost half as much as the PAA scuttle.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I have this scuttle. I bought it for travel. I don't like the shape as it is to narrow at the bottom which made it difficult for me to build lather. I also didn't think it warmed the lather or kept it warmer than the ceramic lathering bowls I have. I decided to buy a second Timeless bowl for travel. I find it easier to build lather with the Timeless bowl and it cost half as much as the PAA scuttle.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I know I’m in the minority but that’s generally been my complaint with the few (okay two) scuttles I have tried. - a beautiful Georgetown pottery & crown king ceramic. The bowl doesn’t have enough space for easy lathering and the cream dissipates quickly left in the scuttle. I just wasn’t a big fan of them. I have a brush scuttle too that I like a bit better but lather still dissipates quick on the brush between passes. Oh well.

I know I’m in the minority but that’s generally been my complaint with the few (okay two) scuttles I have tried. - a beautiful Georgetown pottery & crown king ceramic. The bowl doesn’t have enough space for easy lathering and the cream dissipates quickly left in the scuttle. I just wasn’t a big fan of them. I have a brush scuttle too that I like a bit better but lather still dissipates quick on the brush between passes. Oh well.

I haven’t found my lather dissipating quickly. I have heard that if the water is too hot, it will tend to cause the lather to dissipate pretty quickly. Perhaps that is the issue since it seems to happen in both your scuttles. I’ll agree that the bowl area is on the small side but I’ll take that in return for being able to have warm lather on my face throughout my shave in the cold winter months. I don’t use it when it is warm out and stick with my ceramic bowls, Turkish mugs and salsa bowls.

I haven’t found my lather dissipating quickly. I have heard that if the water is too hot, it will tend to cause the lather to dissipate pretty quickly. Perhaps that is the issue since it seems to happen in both your scuttles. I’ll agree that the bowl area is on the small side but I’ll take that in return for being able to have warm lather on my face throughout my shave in the cold winter months. I don’t use it when it is warm out and stick with my ceramic bowls, Turkish mugs and salsa bowls.

Yeah you are probably right. I’ll have to give it a go again when weather gets colder. The question you should’ve asked is “why did you buy another one when the first scuttle was not working so well for you!” Glad you didn’t ask.

How’s the Turkish mug? Is it copper?

Yeah you are probably right. I’ll have to give it a go again when weather gets colder. The question you should’ve asked is “why did you buy another one when the first scuttle was not working so well for you!” Glad you didn’t ask.

How’s the Turkish mug? Is it copper?

I’ll leave that one alone then. The Turkish mug is great. It is copper on the outside and tin lined inside. It is light so it won’t retain heat, but I don’t have it for heat retention. It’s strength is the hammer divots that allow a quick and healthy lather. And it won’t break if you drop it.

Top Bottom