What's new

Croap vs Stick vs Triple Milled: A Preference Poll...

Which Soap Form Factor do you Prefer?

• Croap

Votes: 35 26.9%
  • Shave Stick

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Triple Milled

Votes: 65 50.0%
  • Creams

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Non Triple Milled Puck

Votes: 10 7.7%

• Total voters
I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love shave sticks. Unfortunately, it seems like there are only few dozen soap sticks available in the marketplace. Triple milled soap options are similarly limited. In comparision, there seem to be several thousand croaps and several hundred creams available. It makes me wonder whether the relatively limited selection of shave sticks, triple milled soaps and creams in the marketplace is reflective of consumer preference. Let's find out!

Bear in mind that this isn't a referendum on what form your favorite soap currently comes in; the question is: "which form of soap do you like best"?

Last edited:
I voted triple milled, even though I use all of my soaps as sticks.

I'm a big fan of triple milled soaps too. I usually just use the puck as a shave stick directly on my face, but I've heard of folks grating them and stuffing them in a twist-up tube. What's your method?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have so many croaps now...cast my vote for what I have most of...although, I've been enjoying the lathering ease of creams...so easy to work with.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I voted other as I truly don’t have a preference. Top producers from each category are in my regular rotation.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Tripled mill soaps have been around for hundreds of years and work well for myself, shave sticks are close to tripled milled and croaps are excellent when it comes to fragrances and lather qualities. I'm not sure how long croaps last because there are different methods of making a lather by bowl or loading brush if you like those methods were bowl should make croap last longer IMO if placing soap in bowl and then lathering it.
I do use more croaps , but my tripled milled soap more than likely out last the soft soaps and are very good for longevity.

I would say hard soaps, both triple milled pucks and sticks

I'm surprised to hear you say that! I would have guessed that you would vote croaps given your expertise in all things Cella, Proraso, etc. Very interesting!

You also raise a very good point. It occurred to me a few minutes after creating the poll that many/most "hard" soaps are not triple milled (e.g. arko). I added the category "non triple milled puck to try to cover that" a few minutes after the poll launched. I probably should have said "non triple milled hard soap" but hopefully folks will get the idea.

Last edited:
I'm really amazed how much triple milled is crushing this poll in early voting! It has over 5 times as many votes as it's nearest competitor! If everybody likes triple milled soaps so much, why is everybody make croaps?

proxy.php

Last edited:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I'm surprised to hear you say that! I would have guessed that you would vote croaps given your expertise in all things Cella, Proraso, etc. Very interesting!

You raise also raise a very good point. It occurred to me a few minutes after creating the poll that many/most "hard" soaps are not triple milled (e.g. arko). I added the category "non triple milled puck to try to cover that" a few minutes after the poll launched. I probably should have said "non triple milled hard soap" but hopefully folks will get the idea.
You omitted quad milled soaps like Pre de Provence, but understandable because that's the only one I know of, but probably others.😁

I like all types of soaps and creams, so difficult to pick a favorite. Depends on what I'm in the mood to use, but I guess I lean towards hard soaps most of the time.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

You raise also raise a very good point. It occurred to me a few minutes after creating the poll that many/most "hard" soaps are not triple milled (e.g. arko). I added the category "non triple milled puck to try to cover that" a few minutes after the poll launched. I probably should have said "non triple milled hard soap" but hopefully folks will get the idea.

I have used soft soaps for my entire wet shaving life, which means more than 26 years (since I was 17). I recently got somehow "tired" of them and strongly wanted a change in my routine. Now, I'm enjoying the greatness and beauty of hard soaps, both triple milled and not. As for shape, I love both pucks and sticks.

I like both triple milled soaps and shave sticks, but if I have to choose one type, it is the former. There's only one form that the Fat comes in, so...

Ummm...I believe shave sticks can be triple milled as well.

You're absolutely right. I should have said "Triple Milled Puck". Unfortunately, I can't edit the poll at this point. It seems like folks get the idea though. If you like a triple milled shave stick, vote for "shave stick". If you like triple milled soap but not the shave stick form-factor, vote "triple milled".

Top Bottom