What's new

Cremo Cooling

When I decided to go back to cart shaving due to time constraints I knew that I needed to find a good cream and I needed to keep good technique to optimize my results. Offhandedly a friend mentioned Cremo, which I had seen in Wal-Mart, but had never given much attention to. I tired the red version and I was very impressed, and it has become my go to for a few months now.

Well for the past couple of days I have been trying the cooling version, and I have to say I have a new favorite. It is just the right amount of cooling for me, and has things like tea tree and eucalyptus oil, which has helped with my acne. That alone helped me since in the summer months I sweat like crazy and my acne pops up.

You feel a very nice cooling sensation as you shave, but its mostly after the shave that the cooling takes effect. When I did just a warm water wash down I could feel the cooling sensation getting stronger for a good 5-10 minutes after my shave and then went away, BUT today I did a full cold wash down and my face just froze lol. Not to the point of being uncomfortable, but it felt awesome, and it lasted a good 10-15 minutes. If you have never tried it before I would say its worth the 6 dollars and change at Wal-Mart.

Very nice. I like Cremo for the rush days when I don't have time for a brush and lather, and might need to give the Cooling a try.

I've had my eye on this. Almost done with a tube of my current choice for carts when pressed for time, Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated (which, unlike Cremo, will lather if used with a brush...but is also good brushless).

strop

Now half as wise
I too like the cooling effect, but just can't get used to the lack of lather. I'll occasionally use just a small amount as a preshave under whatever soap I'm using that day, especially if it is one that would benefit from a little more slickness.

I've had my eye on this. Almost done with a tube of my current choice for carts when pressed for time, Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated (which, unlike Cremo, will lather if used with a brush...but is also good brushless).

I also have a tube of that as well! I also have their normal formula as well. I like the spearmint smell from the caffeinated version though, and the menthol is right on point. I am a big fan of Cremo, Pacific Shaving, and Kiss My Face. I have enjoyed the convenience of brushless creams that can still perform well.

I too like the cooling effect, but just can't get used to the lack of lather. I'll occasionally use just a small amount as a preshave under whatever soap I'm using that day, especially if it is one that would benefit from a little more slickness.

Well no one said you cant use it that way ;) I could see using it as a preshave and then using something cooling like Proraso Green, now that is a chill.

I used regular Cremo for a few years with a DE when I was broke.

Cremo won't lather like a full soap or cream, but I found the light/airy lather it does make when you face-lather it with a brush performs better on small-gap razors.
(Cremo can clog razors if you put it on too thick; using a brush makes it easier to get the consistency just right. Plus, face-lathering feels nice.)

I like the original scent, will probably grab the cooling next time I see it.
(Anyone tried sandalwood?)

Top Bottom