What's new

Crazy ATT Above the Tie Black Friday 50% Off

I wish I could indulge in this phenomenal deal. I've been adding and deleting items from my online cart all night. My concionse won't let me spend the money....yet, and I'm still waiting for my Karve to arrive.

Tough times!

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Unless they totally flood the market with razors, it should be easy to sell whatever you buy for what you paid for it. Even more, very likely, if you post it to ebay.

I guess it's possible demand will get saturated for a while but I doubt it. More likely guys like me who would have never bought an ATT will now have them and I see no reason why those who have missed out on this deal won't want to find a way to get in.

I wouldn't plan to sell for a profit on BST (mainly because it's bad form), but I see no reason why you couldn't break even. You'd be doing someone a favor.

Don't know if Stan will do this every year. I doubt he knows. But I'm sure between now and next year prices will go back up and guys will be buying these razors at full price.

Crap they are out of s1's
FYI, some have asked about the matte finished razor stands. They have sold out. Matt has worked hard to keep the site up to date during this time. If a product no longer displays on our site then it no longer available.
We at ATT hope everyone will enjoy their new ATT gear. The sale was an amazing experience.

I never received shipping confirmation for my order, so after checking on it I find out there are no SE1' s available.

Definitely bummed about that.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

FYI, some have asked about the matte finished razor stands. They have sold out. Matt has worked hard to keep the site up to date during this time. If a product no longer displays on our site then it no longer available.
We at ATT hope everyone will enjoy their new ATT gear. The sale was an amazing experience.

Thank you Stan I received my stand and my new SE2! Btw a top notch shaver I must say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

520756D5-CBA1-4EAF-BD28-627AEA819E62.jpeg B591CF24-8DDF-4CCE-94CA-472BAC4119B1.jpeg Better late than never. Mail has been delayed in Canada due to postal strike. Here she is SE1. Does anyone know how I can tell this is a SE1 vs SE2? as I don’t see any markings.

The SE2 is the open comb version, the SE1 has the safety bar.
Congratulations! The short barberpole handle really pairs well with the SE head.

Thanks Fabi, it’s like you read my mind as I was just handling the razor and thinking if the handle was long enough in proportion to the wide head.

M

member 119848

Thanks Fabi, it’s like you read my mind as I was just handling the razor and thinking if the handle was long enough in proportion to the wide head.
3" handles make a razor very manoeuvrable. And IMO, the barberpole knurling from ATT really adds more character to the razor, than any other handle. I have been looking at the ATT SE for some time now and that´s what I will choose the day I pull the trigger.
When I started wet-shaving I prefered the longer 3,5" handles, but now I find 3" handles to be perfect. It´s really a YMMV thing. I'm sure you will enjoy your new razor :001_smile

3" handles make a razor very manoeuvrable. And IMO, the barberpole knurling from ATT really adds more character to the razor, than any other handle. I have been looking at the ATT SE for some time now and that´s what I will choose the day I pull the trigger.
When I started wet-shaving I prefered the longer 3,5" handles, but now I find 3" handles to be perfect. It´s really a YMMV thing. I'm sure you will enjoy your new razor :001_smile

Sounds like my experience also as I prefered the 3.5 on D.E. razors especially milder variations like a pre-war Tech. I think weight also plays a big factor here considering the ATT handle is solid.

I have both the Atlas (3") and Kronos (3.5") handles. I prefer the Atlas handle a bit more. It's balanced well and has a great weight. The SE1 is a closed comb (will have a bar over the opening), the SE2 is the open comb and looks like "teeth" at the edge. The SE1 is a great shaver, found the SE2 VERY aggressive.

Hey guys,

New poster here - I have the opportunity to purchase a Gillette Fatboy that was restored/plated in Rhodium by Above the Tie. I cannot find much about them out there: are they a reputable source for this?

Hey guys,

New poster here - I have the opportunity to purchase a Gillette Fatboy that was restored/plated in Rhodium by Above the Tie. I cannot find much about them out there: are they a reputable source for this?

Regardless of product or industry, ATT sets a very high standard and has an excellent reputation.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hey guys,

You can't be looking very hard if you can't find much about ATT especially on this site.
I have 2 razors and several different plates but have not purchased vintage from them but based on my experience i would say you are in good hands

Top Bottom