What's new

Cravings

Disclaimer. Do not read if your hungry...

So i have been having sub sandwich cravings, i went to publix and got a 5 grain sub, with ham, mortadella, bologna, and salami(boars head) premium meats.

Wasn't enuf, so went shopping, and bought the above and some pickled jalapeño, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and pepper jack cheese. Added diced sour pickles, and drizzled some olive oil, after adding my spices to the sub. So far 2 nights in a row and could go for a other.
Anyone else with food cravings you cant get enuf of?
Sorry if your hungry now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine was ice cream!
Just cured it by having a pint of Graeters Mint Chip.
This will last me for another 3-4 months. I don't crave sweets that much.

I can relate to cravings - my life seems to be a long and continuing array of cravings. Lately it has been Necco wafers. No joke; as crazy as that seems that is what I've been craving and no amount of them satisfies the craving. And an obsession too: continual wonderment about why they are only available in mixed "classic" flavors, chocolate, and mixed tropical flavors. Why not a whole roll of the rare black licorice flavor??????????

Luckily I've never had any real cravings until 5 years ago when I went from 50 cigarettes a day +/- and finally quit smoking after 21 years on and off and 3 previous failed attempts-
Then the cravings started one after another...
I hated Nicorette gum, and hated the price even more, so I started to chew normal gum, before I knew it I was chewing a whole pack of Orbit Spearmint while walking to work in the evening, then chewing a whole pack of Orbit Eucalyptus when I was walking back home in the morning.
I finally shook the craving for gum after about 2 weeks, then I got an even worse one - ice cream !!
I used to set off 20 minutes earlier so I could make time to buy ice creams on my way to work, Magnum and Cornetto were my favourites, and I especially liked the Spanish "Bonbon", which was like a choc ice at one end and had ice cream sandwiched between 2 layers of soft cookie at the other - before I knew it I was buying and eating 5 ice creams on my way to work, then to finish up with I'd buy either a vanilla, chocolate or strawberry ice cream cone from the bar next door to where I worked and eat it before I started my shift !!
I cut back by setting off later, walking on the other side of the road to avoid all the shops, then walking along the beach where there weren't any shops at all so I physically couldn't get any ice cream, then I'd have an ice cream cone from the bar next door to where I worked as my "Scooby-snack" before my shift
It worked well for about a week, but one night they ran out of cones for the ice cream- disaster !!
I went for my ice cream every night, with no joy, until a week later they broke the news to me that had decided to discontinue it !! By then I'd lost my craving anyway !!
The next one was sugar- I always drank strong, black coffee with 2 sachets of sugar for as long as I could remember, and also drank a lot of cans of coke- until I cracked a wisdom tooth just before Xmas 4 years ago, struggled in agony over Xmas and got an emergency appointment as soon as the dentist reopened - an extracted wisdom tooth, a descale, 7 fillings, more descales and €750 later convinced me to quit using sugar and drinking fizzy drinks......
I tried espresso without sugar, but didn't like it, so I switched to americano with no sugar overnight, and actually enjoyed the taste of coffee for once. I tried diet coke, but didn't enjoy it, and gave up fizzy drinks altogether when the dental hygienist convinced me that all fizzy drinks are like battery acid on my teeth !! Oddly enough she said that beer wasn't harmful to my teeth, so I started drinking alcohol-free beer in the daytime and normal beer at night - problem solved !!
I even managed to beat my caffeine addiction and cut back from 6-8 cups of coffee a night (13 espressos in 2 hours is my record) down to only 1-2 cups in a week !!
Last year when I decided to cut right back on my coffee, I went cold turkey at first, I had headaches, cravings, struggled to stay awake, and when I drank coffee I couldn't sleep- I've never been jetlagged, but I can imagine how it feels !!
Now after a year, I can take or leave coffee, I enjoy it if I'm waiting for the post office to open, waiting for a taxi after a Doctor's appointment or meeting friends for a coffee- if I don't need to send a parcel, see the Doctor or meet up with friends, I can go weeks without a coffee, more than 2 cups give me insomnia, but other than that no more craving.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Gyros. I used to buy two at a time, to save one for later. That didn't work, I'd eat both. So the last time I got two gyros and a gyro plate, to save the plate for later. Care to guess how that worked out? :biggrin:

Pault - are you pregnant or been smoking any left-handed tobacky?

Pregnant , impossible,
No left handed to baccy either, although i am left handed, and had a cigar today.

But id did have another sub tonight, soooo good, it was gone before i thought to take a pic, maybe tomorrow.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Pregnant , impossible,
No left handed to baccy either, although i am left handed, and had a cigar today.

But id did have another sub tonight, soooo good, it was gone before i thought to take a pic, maybe tomorrow.
Sometimes you crave something so much you just can't get enough. It will pass

So i didnt forget today, heres a pic, after the pic i put on shredded lettuce and drizzled olive oil on it.
proxy.php

Jersey Mike's Subs... I just found out about them and I am in love with them.

AMEN!!! As someone who grew up in the suburbs of Philly, surrounded by awesome deli's selling fabulous hoagies and cheesesteaks....I became quite spoiled.

Then I moved to Texas...I can get great Tex/Mex and BBQ...but my search for true hoagies and cheesesteaks like I was used to was VERY unsuccessful.....until about a month ago when a Jersey Mike's opened about 5 miles away and a very big hole in my culinary life has been filled!!!

We have been eating there on a regular basis...I love that joint!

So i checked and found a jersey mikes sub place, dont know if they will alter what they put in, i may check them out one day.
Publix deli, make a great sub and can put on whatever meats i want, on 5 grain sub roll freshly baked, i have my own spices to add, and can always add sour pickles when i get it home. So i do have options in a pinch.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, here is a very strange one I have been having, and will be eating for lunch. Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese (I'm highbrow :biggrin:) with two cans of tuna fish and ketchup. Yes, I said ketchup. Have I mentioned that I was born 45 miles away from the home of Heinz ketchup? :biggrin:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Okay, here is a very strange one I have been having, and will be eating for lunch. Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese (I'm highbrow :biggrin:) with two cans of tuna fish and ketchup. Yes, I said ketchup. Have I mentioned that I was born 45 miles away from the home of Heinz ketchup? :biggrin:

....and do you just put it all into one big bowl and mix it up?

That sounds normal to me, but I would have crushed up some potato chips. Instant Casserole, the ketchup makes it perfect

Top Bottom