What's new

Texas Red Chili Recipe

I was in Ohio a couple weeks ago and ate in a Skyline chili restaurant ... the chili's interesting. Alleged to have cocoa, cinnamon and other odd things in it.

I had it "three way" over spaghetti (!) and with a ton of shredded cheese. No beans of course, though I think that was an added option. Glad I tried it.

AA
I’ve had Skyline chili before. Not a fan of it. If I’m going to have Cincinnati style chili I prefer Gold Star
Of course. Just an odd, regional variation. 🤔 Think the originator was Greek.

AA
A lot of the Cincinnati style chili recipes were developed by Greeks. There’s a significant Greek population living in the area

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I was in Ohio a couple weeks ago and ate in a Skyline chili restaurant ... the chili's interesting. Alleged to have cocoa, cinnamon and other odd things in it.

I had it "three way" over spaghetti (!) and with a ton of shredded cheese. No beans of course, though I think that was an added option. Glad I tried it.

AA
Some chili recipes include coco and/or a pinch of cinnamon. Basically a added mole’ vibe.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It was good! She only used half of the spices, so next time I'm going all in. I'd like to try it at a restaurant, if it's not too hot...

Top Bottom