What's new

Cowboy coffee, how do YOU make it?

IIRC (which I probalby don’t) an article said to put in a little cold water before pouring a cup because that will cause the grounds to sink. ?? Also, egg shells will help settle the grounds and remove some bitterness.

Or take a regular coffee filter, add grounds, tie it off with twine to make a “tea bag” and brew the coffee.

They always put eggshells in the big coffee urn baskets with the grounds on my ship when I was in the Navy..you could float a pistol with that stuff!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Mike:
Actually, back in my Army days...we made coffee in either 10 or 15gl pots 'in the field'.
proxy.php

Now, about the closest the Mrs. and I get to 'Cowboy Coffee' is using our percolator.

442847-5434b0fe7072e8c5ee1bec2f869a0c9c.jpg
"[Cowboy coffee:] Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love". Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

Dad puts his coffee, egg shells into a 6x6 inch piece of Cheese cloth and ties it up/. Drop it the pot and boil till it black as coal tar.

Hello,

Heat water to a boil, then remove it from fire, put in the coffee, stir, wait 5 minutes.

Take care
YouYou

Reminds me of how to prepare carp.

"Get a clean pine board about 8" x 15" x 1" thick.
Take a nice size freshly caught carp and lay it on the board. Skin and Filet the carp into 2 thick strips. Do not spend much time deboning. The bone gives it more flavors.
Salt and oil the board generously with virgin olive oil.
Next lay the filets out evenly on the board.
Salt, and pepper both sides. I like to use sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Now spread a generous amount of garlic butter and a lot of garlic salt on both sides.
Tabasco sauce and a little Ripple helps take out the fishy taste.
Add sliced and diced onions, green or red peppers, thinly slice mushrooms and tomatoes.
Sprinkle on a little parsley
Now take a fresh cut lemon and carefully squeeze out all the juice onto the carp and pine board.
Now is the time to add any other of your favorite ingredients.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Now take the pine board with the filets and put it in your preheated oven.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
When done carefully take the pine board and the carp out of the oven.
Throw the carp away and eat the board. "

Made cowboy coffee today just for kicks. Top of the stove in a sauce pan and it turned out great. Can’t wait for camping.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Made cowboy coffee today just for kicks. Top of the stove in a sauce pan and it turned out great. Can’t wait for camping.

I haven't made coffee over a camp fire in quite awhile. Need to remedy that.

Last time was on the gas stove.

dsc_0003-2-jpg.961762

Top Bottom