What's new

Cowboy coffee, how do YOU make it?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I haven't made coffee over a camp fire in quite awhile. Need to remedy that.

Last time was on the gas stove.

dsc_0003-2-jpg.961762

The same kettle as yours but in blue, cups to match.

s-l640.jpg

Crush the beans with the side of a knife blade on stove lid, light stove, water the kettle and put it on to heat. When the water is just about ready to boil add the busted up beans and boil for however long it takes to add wood to the fire or do whatever around camp.

Take the kettle off and slowly pour a cup of cold water in a circle into the pot. That pulls the grains to the bottom. Add Pickeral or Pike to a plate, also matching lol, with some silver dollar fries and enjoy the northern lights lol.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The same kettle as yours but in blue, cups to match.

View attachment 968017

Crush the beans with the side of a knife blade on stove lid, light stove, water the kettle and put it on to heat. When the water is just about ready to boil add the busted up beans and boil for however long it takes to add wood to the fire or do whatever around camp.

Take the kettle off and slowly pour a cup of cold water in a circle into the pot. That pulls the grains to the bottom. Add Pickeral or Pike to a plate, also matching lol, with some silver dollar fries and enjoy the northern lights lol.

Hey! You stole my Coleman stove! Now I'm gonna to have to check my coffee pot, and cups too, to make sure they're still there.

img_0002-jpg.689680

I haven't made coffee over a camp fire in quite awhile. Need to remedy that.

Last time was on the gas stove.

dsc_0003-2-jpg.961762
Electric fire for mine today! I have the same pot, but it’s all sooty from fires so the wife hates when I bring it in....

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Hey! You stole my Coleman stove! Now I'm gonna to have to check my coffee pot, and cups too, to make sure they're still there.

img_0002-jpg.689680

The one I posted isnt mine, just a Google pic. It, and especially yours, are in far better shape than mine.

If you happen to come across 2 blue cups and 2 blue plates, somehow we musta got them mixed up. I started with 4 of each lol.

Aeropress or in a pinch a pour over. Just because you're out in the woods is no excuse to drink bad coffee.
This! I actually find the Aeropress extremely convenient. I use it all the time when I am out in the field for Army training.

Here is my favorite recipe for cowboy coffee. Straight from a cowboy cookbook. It has recipes from all sorts of famous cowboys from TV and film.
  1. heat water to almost boiling
  2. add coffee
  3. toss in a horseshoe
  4. if it sinks, add more coffee

Here is my favorite recipe for cowboy coffee. Straight from a cowboy cookbook. It has recipes from all sorts of famous cowboys from TV and film.
  1. heat water to almost boiling
  2. add coffee
  3. toss in a horseshoe
  4. if it sinks, add more coffee
Lol!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The one I posted isnt mine, just a Google pic. It, and especially yours, are in far better shape than mine.

If you happen to come across 2 blue cups and 2 blue plates, somehow we musta got them mixed up. I started with 4 of each lol.

So that's how those extra plates and cups got in there.

Those thin little camping set coffee cups get HOT with coffee in them...can't hold them without padding. Burns my fingers.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Those thin little camping set coffee cups get HOT with coffee in them...can't hold them without padding. Burns my fingers.

Yeah they do and the handles arent much good either. We didnt use the cups much but we did the plates even if they are a bit small haha.

Top Bottom