What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Great looking stone. It’s nearly impossible to ID vintage coticules, but gun to head, that one has a trait (the yellow streak in the BBW) that is often linked to La Veinettes.

I have been so lucky. I’ve had a couple coticules come to roost! One is a 8x2 la Veinette natural combination stone from the Ol Preu mine and is a niice salmon color all through and some white deposits that don’t affect honing on the bbw side. It more like an absence of color. This stone was mined in 2011 iirc.
32AA583A-5048-4A32-8BC0-D2D7F9DF86BC.jpeg
2C415E73-B29C-48E7-9FC6-C7DAF99B6A7C.jpeg

David

Broken record I know, but I wish Ardennes could pull some more stones from the Ol Preu mine. The stones mined from 2009-2011 were some of the finest coticules I’ve ever used.

I have to agree and they were/are very easy to use. I kind of got away from posting when the only stone available for a while was la grise which gets the job done with a little extra effort but I would love to try some of the new layers out there or at least see more of them posted here and thoughts on them as well.
If I cam help anyone please let me know.
Thanks,
Scott

Legion

Staff member
758136B1-89B6-460F-AA72-15297116430F.jpeg
Anyone want to hazard a guess at what type of stone this is? I picked it up as a Black Friday special from a wood working supplies store. It was the last one they had, and it was a sight unseen order. Needed a lapping, but I have yet to try it.

They were being sold as bouts, and were sketchy on the size and shape, but it is a near rectangle, and big enough for touchups. Perfect size for pocket knives.

David

View attachment 934198 Anyone want to hazard a guess at what type of stone this is? I picked it up as a Black Friday special from a wood working supplies store. It was the last one they had, and it was a sight unseen order. Needed a lapping, but I have yet to try it.

They were being sold as bouts, and were sketchy on the size and shape, but it is a near rectangle, and big enough for touchups. Perfect size for pocket knives.
Looks like a really nice coti. Can you post a side pic?

Top Bottom