What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Thats a sweet little stone! I like the size.

Thanks. I just tested it out. The edge looks great under the loop and cuts hair clean. Pretty fast on slurry but wasn't a huge fan of the feedback on water. I'm just not used to it I suppose. Going to give it a test shave this evening. Used a piece of LPB to slurry it.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Yeah I have been hunting one. I haven't found any deals just yet.

This is my first venture into any thing post 1k grit on a stone. I have only sharpened knives till now which is 1k then 2k and 3k paper then chromium oxide on a paddle. That gets sharp but not good enough for a shave so this is some next level stuff and I love it.

Cool. I put a slurry stone in the box for you. It came off a vintage old rock. It's thin, but it will get you by for a while. It's a good slurry stone...I have a bigger piece of it that I use often.
Your La Dressante is fairly easy to use. Make sure the bevel is nailed on the 1k, then start your dilutions. It's a fast stone so the dilutions will go pretty quickly/easily until the very end. It slows down to a crawl on water, so if you're having trouble getting that last little bit try a little pressure on your water laps.
Enjoy it. Keep us posted on your progress.

Oh, give it a good stropping on canvas or linen if you have it. You'll see a significant gain from it.

Cool. I put a slurry stone in the box for you. It came off a vintage old rock. It's thin, but it will get you by for a while. It's a good slurry stone...I have a bigger piece of it that I use often.
Your La Dressante is fairly easy to use. Make sure the bevel is nailed on the 1k, then start your dilutions. It's a fast stone so the dilutions will go pretty quickly/easily until the very end. It slows down to a crawl on water, so if you're having trouble getting that last little bit try a little pressure on your water laps.
Enjoy it. Keep us posted on your progress.

Oh, give it a good stropping on canvas or linen if you have it. You'll see a significant gain from it.
Ok very cool of you to help me out on that. I will order one soon as well since that site TSS is nice and cheap. A lot of these places are very proud of even the smaller stones. Thanks again.

Ok very cool of you to help me out on that. I will order one soon as well since that site TSS is nice and cheap. A lot of these places are very proud of even the smaller stones. Thanks again.

Try the Unicot method. It's an easy way to find out what your stone is capable of. It's fast and easy to learn. If you're using the dilucot method and are coming up short with your edges, give the Unicot a try. I still use it as my default honing method because of the ease and short honing time.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Couple of 5 x2.5's I'll be testing over the weekend. Both are beautiful stones.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 118
Both stones are very good indeed . I have 2 coti with that white strip in the BBW and they are better . The white strip is none as better , sighn of quality

Top Bottom