What's new

coticule/bbw luck

hey,

i was in berlin on the weekend. on a flea market i found an dirty looking hone. i've bought it for 7€. (hard haggling).
after some fast lapping this is what i've got

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

for me this is a bbw/coticule combination stone. how fine it is or how fast it sets bevel i dont know yet. have to lap it a bit more before using. the bbw side has lotz of cracks on the edge and im too lazy to lap this out. so i wont use it. the coticule side looks pretty good.
comments are welcome, and if this is no bbw/coticule, please correct me :D

Timo!! Hey, willkommen zum Dachs und Klinge!!

Just wanted to give a shout out to my Freund, Timo -- I recently bought a very nice kamisori from him through the Nassrasur forum, and Timo was kind enough to put up with my horrible German, and even responded politely in English after I mangled his language so badly.

Timo, by the way, it looks like a fantastic stone, although the coticule side is a bit thin. Have you tried it on a few razors to see its cutting speed? I like to see metal swarf in the slurry after just a few strokes, but some others prefer a slower stone.

Anyway, great to see you here and I hope that you will be posting here often!!

Mit freundlichen Grussen, Jeff

Last edited:
Score!:thumbup1:

Very nice looking coti! The black speckles are very unusual. Be sure to post your results.

hey jeff: has the kamisori arrived? how it is. no i didnt test it yet. i got it on saturday in berlin on a fleamarket. today i lapped it a bit to see what stone it is and its a coti/bbw.
i have to lap it a bit better before i try it.
thanks for you comments.

I've used it Today with my new Guillermo Hoppe. It is with slurry a really fast cutting stone. 30 strokes and i could shave armhair. Don't know how fine it is cause i went on my daijo

Top Bottom