What's new

Corey reviews Ultra Shave

Gent,

You've contributed to this board, and I for one would very much appreciate your continued participation and contributions.

You couldn't have known what kind of poop-storm you'd waded into by mentioning Corey, for that, I don't blame you. With that said, if you bring him up again, I won't feel sorry for you for whatever animosity you may draw. :wink:

As to the choice of moving the thread. That's Rich's call (unless the mods, and or collective group decide it should be moved). His last activity was on the 22nd (hopefully all's ok). I can understand why you want it where it is. Hopefully you understand why others want it moved. Your relationship with this board is intrinsically different than most other member's relationship with it. That's not a bad thing at all, it's just... different. Some people see your introduction of a new product to the board as also an advertisement for it given the fact that you sell it. This isn't an attack on you or your product, just a different viewpoint on administrative matters. I think your status as a retailer gives this board a special insight, and a different viewpoint which is an asset to all of us.

The only thing in your posts that I take issue with is: "and I'm sorry but I will also frequent the other groups..." If anyone suggests your participation in other groups would adversely affect your status here, I would hope you'd alert a mod, or call attention to it publically. I think that if any board took issue with where its members fraternized, that would be its death knell. I'm willing to bet most of us are members on various wet shaving boards, and each board brings something unique and beneficial to the table.

You're probably a little frazzled from the collective storm you weathered on the various boards. Let's chalk this one up to a lesson learned. I think if anything, this thread is a testament to how civil and friendly this group is. Despite rancor towards Corey, I don't feel anyone made this thread about bashing The Gent, in fact, it appears to me to be just the opposite, it appears that everyone here realized The Gent didn't really do anything wrong, he just failed to anticipate something that he couldn't anticipate without spending an inordinate amount of time on the various forums.

With all that said, thanks for letting us know about what sounds like an interesting, innovative new product.

-Nick

Nick said:
Gent,

You've contributed to this board, and I for one would very much appreciate your continued participation and contributions.

You couldn't have known what kind of poop-storm you'd waded into by mentioning Corey, for that, I don't blame you. With that said, if you bring him up again, I won't feel sorry for you for whatever animosity you may draw. :wink:

Despite rancor towards Corey, I don't feel anyone made this thread about bashing The Gent, in fact, it appears to me to be just the opposite, it appears that everyone here realized The Gent didn't really do anything wrong, he just failed to anticipate something that he couldn't anticipate without spending an inordinate amount of time on the various forums.

Nick is right, and as someone who initially was objectional to the post, I had done it on another board, I am standing back and re-looking at my thoughts at the moment of my post. My original posts were written in the heat of the moment and at times when everyone is posting at the same time, it tends to become a feeding frenzy. My objection is with Dapper Dan, and not with the Gent and if my postings were taken otherwise, my apologies go out to the gent.

Regards

I don't have a problem with the thread being moved, that is not my decision, I was pointing out that it wasn't an offer for sale, just a review and therefore I didn't believe it belonged in the shopping topic.

There were comments made (elsewhere I believe) that I had posted on B&B as well which led to my stating that I had posted elsewhere. I wanted as many to read the review of the product as possible yes, but I wouldn't consider it as a spam post. I had written a different post for each board/group.

Hopefully everything is clearer now and I look forward to participating in the forums.

Hey everyone, I think that since this thread originally began as a post of a review of a shave cream product, keeping it in this forum is completely fine with me. Heck, I'm going to order some Ultra Shave this week. :biggrin:

Sorry for being scarce lately: things have been crazy around the job out in the Big Blue Room.

And Gent, sorry that you discovered the Corey Effect so thoroughly. Still, it looks like (at least in this thread) everyone maintained their civility.

-Rich

hey there guys...

i have some ultra shave on the way...i will be glad to post my review of this unique product....

as a "wetshaver" it is going to be wierd not to use a brush...should be here in a day or two....

see ya soon,

mark ths shoeshine boy

Nick - well said! :a14:

The Gent - I look forward to your future contributions. As Nick stated you are in a unique position to provide a retailer's point of view that we as consumers are unaware.

Mark - As always, I look forward to your review.

PoshRichM said:
Hey everyone, I think that since this thread originally began as a post of a review of a shave cream product, keeping it in this forum is completely fine with me. Heck, I'm going to order some Ultra Shave this week. :biggrin:

Sorry for being scarce lately: things have been crazy around the job out in the Big Blue Room.

And Gent, sorry that you discovered the Corey Effect so thoroughly. Still, it looks like (at least in this thread) everyone maintained their civility.

-Rich
Thanks for your sentiments. And yes you are correct that in at least a couple of places (here without exception) civility was maintained.

I happened upon the new posts in this thread by chance as somehow I hadn't been informed of any new posts so sorry, I wasn't being rude or ignorant, or slow to answer, I didn't know.

I look forward to receiving your order. Let me know when you order on the comment form :wink:

mark the shoeshine boy said:
hey there guys...

i have some ultra shave on the way...i will be glad to post my review of this unique product....

as a "wetshaver" it is going to be wierd not to use a brush...should be here in a day or two....

see ya soon,

mark ths shoeshine boy
It was sent out earlier this week. Please remember to massage the cream in until it is invisible. Apparently some people have been dabbing it on and trying to use it while it is sitting there as it comes out - white!

I really look forward to reading your thoughts.

Rik said:
Nick - well said! :a14:

The Gent - I look forward to your future contributions. As Nick stated you are in a unique position to provide a retailer's point of view that we as consumers are unaware.

Mark - As always, I look forward to your review.
Thank you. Obviously Modern Gent is not strictly a shaving site/shop so please don't expect to see too large a selection. But there are other things. And... I do adhere to the customer always being right which is something often forgotten.

I really wish I could do something about postage costs, I don't know whether it puts people off from outside the UK or not. I have set the postage as fairly as possible but am open to any thoughts anyone might have with regarding to this.

Top Bottom