What's new

Concise video tutorial on wet shaving?

I’m making a second attempt to convert my son from cartridge and can to DE and brush. He’s moderately interested in making the switch, but doesn’t have the patience or curiosity to follow all the in-depth advice here in the Shave Clinic. Nor would he want me to guide him in person—that’d be too awkward for him.

So I’m hoping someone can recommend a short 5 - 10 minute video that goes over the basics of prep, face lathering with a brush and cream (Proraso), finding the right angles, and strategy for making passes. Something presented with humor and even a little sarcasm would probably help him stay interested.

Obviously it’s got to be really basic to cover all that in a short period of time, but hopefully it would start him off on the right foot at least. Any suggestions?

So I’m hoping someone can recommend a short 5 - 10 minute video that goes over the basics of prep, face lathering with a brush and cream (Proraso), finding the right angles, and strategy for making passes. Something presented with humor and even a little sarcasm would probably help him stay interested.
Look for the 10 minute shave by Mark Herro {aka mantic59}; concise and has great technique in a 9 minute video.

Eben Stone

Staff member
This one is specifically for an aggressive razor, but in all the videos I've watched he is the only one to suggest a shallow angle by riding the cap:

You might want to check out Geofatboy on YouTube. He's very experienced and owns Shave Nation where you can get all your shaving product needs. He did a video like 9 years ago showing how to shave with a double edge razor. He, along with Nick Shaves are my go-to guys. They make excellent videos.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom