What's new

Coming to be Another New Razor, its a Slant.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Is this to the Konsul what the Envoy is to the Ambassador?

Maybe @Old Hippie knows, or can take a guess by looking at it.

I'm going to guess that's the case. The puffery on their website says, "...the best choice for men who want the Slant of the Konsul without the adjustability." What that leaves for women is unstated. :)

Based on my experience with the Konsul it looks like they've taken out of the Sentry what I came in for: adjustability. Otherwise the Konsul is a pretty mild slant for me, which makes being able to crank up the gap a good thing.

My conception of the ideal non-adjustable slant is pretty much the RazoRock Superslant. Seriously helical with a refined design. The Sentry will have its fans, I'm sure. I'll be interested to read what they think of it.

O.H.

Pass...I have 11 slants...don't think this will do anything special for me except drain the wallet...
For the ones that buy it. Hope it shaves you like no tomorrow...
BFX

"...the best choice for men who want the Slant of the Konsul without the adjustability." What that leaves for women is unstated. :)
Obviously that is why they use USAF names for their razors, as it must be masculine :) but for that price I could buy a Boeing E-3 Sentry. I'll stick to my Italiano inclinazione economico.

E-3_Sentry_Airborne_Warning_and_Control_System_(AWACS)_conducts_a_mission.jpg

I'm going to guess that's the case. The puffery on their website says, "...the best choice for men who want the Slant of the Konsul without the adjustability." What that leaves for women is unstated. :)

Based on my experience with the Konsul it looks like they've taken out of the Sentry what I came in for: adjustability. Otherwise the Konsul is a pretty mild slant for me, which makes being able to crank up the gap a good thing.

My conception of the ideal non-adjustable slant is pretty much the RazoRock Superslant. Seriously helical with a refined design. The Sentry will have its fans, I'm sure. I'll be interested to read what they think of it.

O.H.
I agree with you, I have a Konsul but the real "slant" is the RR SuperSlant, I was a little skeptical at first and didn't want to buy it but I had to change my mind, efficient and fluid

Had to send my Rex Sentry back due to poor machining and poor QC. We'll see what it looks like if/when they send it back. The bottom side of the guard was so sharp it cut thumb and finger just from tightening the head down. There was some sort of machining error on the handle where the lathe didn't index properly. The 1966 soap set is nice but the 1977 is foul. I have a good bit of Rex stuff but don't see buying more, time will tell.

Sentry Close.png

Rex All.png

I thought about the Wunderbar but it's "reputation" has made me hesitate. It definitely fits in my want category however. How can I compare it to the SuperSlant if I don't have one lol.
The Wunderbar is by far the best slant razor I have ever used......I have probably 10 different slants.......and when I saw the wunderbar on sale again....I got one......shaved and was amazed.....so I got another.....:letterk1:.

Now if you like "mild" razors....then the super slant above 2 or the wunderbar are not for you

And this year.....I got a Parker semi on sale for 23; it's really good.

Top Bottom