Colonel Conk Bay Rum Review

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by BigD, Jan 2, 2019.

No worry’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. REV579

REV579 Contributor

I applied the stick directly to my face, allowing the stubble to grab product. After shaking out my brush, I scrub my face, creating lather within the brush and on my face. Since I do wear a shaped beard, the smaller stick works better than a large shave stick. If I didn't wear a beard, I would be more interested in the typical, quarter-sized stick for full-face application.
    When I used the Synthetic B&W from Maggard Razors(photo attached), I didn't shake enough water out of the brush. When I used the 16mm Finest from TGN(photo attached), I got it right.
    Personally, I would lather it because it helps distribute the lather and reserves some in the brush for a 2nd pass or touch-up as needed.

Attached Files:

2. Colonel Conk

Colonel Conk Vendor

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

If I have the typical 5-O'clock stubble, I will sometimes just rub the puck on my face and shave without lathering. Talk about slick! The lathering tends to take some of the slickness out of it for me. I enjoy seeing other peoples methods and uses.

3. REV579

REV579 Contributor

It is soap, and can be used to clean your face.

4. That's why I do a face scrub with it after my shave. You could probably use it as a shampoo and body bar all in one as well. Kind of expensive to do it that way, but it can be done.