What's new

Colonel Conk Bay Rum Review

Im sorry... I was asking the folks that use a shave stick. Particularly @REV579 who commented on the slickness. Was the soap used as applied or do you lather with a brush.

Sorry for the confusion!

I applied the stick directly to my face, allowing the stubble to grab product. After shaking out my brush, I scrub my face, creating lather within the brush and on my face. Since I do wear a shaped beard, the smaller stick works better than a large shave stick. If I didn't wear a beard, I would be more interested in the typical, quarter-sized stick for full-face application.
When I used the Synthetic B&W from Maggard Razors(photo attached), I didn't shake enough water out of the brush. When I used the 16mm Finest from TGN(photo attached), I got it right.
Personally, I would lather it because it helps distribute the lather and reserves some in the brush for a 2nd pass or touch-up as needed.

Attachments

• Star Restore.jpg
    Star Restore.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Smaller B&W Pic.jpg
    Smaller B&W Pic.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 11
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

If I have the typical 5-O'clock stubble, I will sometimes just rub the puck on my face and shave without lathering. Talk about slick! The lathering tends to take some of the slickness out of it for me. I enjoy seeing other peoples methods and uses.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

If I have the typical 5-O'clock stubble, I will sometimes just rub the puck on my face and shave without lathering. Talk about slick! The lathering tends to take some of the slickness out of it for me. I enjoy seeing other peoples methods and uses.
It is soap, and can be used to clean your face.

It is soap, and can be used to clean your face.
That's why I do a face scrub with it after my shave. You could probably use it as a shampoo and body bar all in one as well. Kind of expensive to do it that way, but it can be done.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Read through the thread and didn't see anything on the aftershave/cologne. Pitching in...it's actually really good! Definitely has that old time barbershop smell. Of all the Bay Rums I have in my cabinet, and I have quite a few, Colonel Conk is my wife's favorite. The surprising thing about it is, not only does it have a great scent, but it lasts throughout the day. Thumbs up for Colonel Conk Bay Rum aftershave/cologne.

Read through the thread and didn't see anything on the aftershave/cologne. Pitching in...it's actually really good! Definitely has that old time barbershop smell. Of all the Bay Rums I have in my cabinet, and I have quite a few, Colonel Conk is my wife's favorite. The surprising thing about it is, not only does it have a great scent, but it lasts throughout the day. Thumbs up for Colonel Conk Bay Rum aftershave/cologne.
Sounds great. Unfortunately I am unable to acquire Aftershaves ATT. When I am back in the real world I plan on making some strategic purchases.

Top Bottom