What's new

College Football

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I don't want Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC. Most SEC fans agree with me, but we're the serfs.

Also I don't think Texas and Oklahoma are well served by the decision. Nor were aTm and Missouri.

I'm not in any way anti Texas or anti Oklahoma nor anti Big 12.

View attachment 1370093

What about bringing back the SWC?

Go, Dawgs!

Happy shaves,

Jim

A&M seems to be doing ok?

I know Arkansas was part of the SWC back in the day? But so was SMU?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm a transplanted yankee, originally from PA and my childhood team was Penn St. Since marrying my wife, who is an Okie (from Lawton, OK), I've begun to appreciate OU football and by extension Texas. As an outsider looking in, I think the move both Texas and OU did to the SEC was ill advised. And my feeling is that in the immediate, both schools will be bottom dwellers (probably for 5-8 yrs). Time and $$$$ will tell if it was a correct move. At the moment, I do not see it as a benefit.
Penn State in the old days of the mythical "East Indies Conference" made up of the old eastern independents along with Army & Navy. When I was a boy attending BC games they'd go 7-3 most years, beating UMass, Holy Cross, Villanova, and UBuffalo by an average of 40 points. Then they'd play Syracuse, Army, & Navy even, and get beaten by 40 by Pitt and Penn State. Every year.

Owen Bawn

Cincinnati is still in the mix! I hope they are in the "Final Four" when all is said and done!
Too bad UC hasn't got a magical player in Heisman contention. There's no one on that team whose name is known by anyone outside of Cincinnati. The CFP Committee is desperate to dump them and get ND into the playoffs.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'd like to see Iowa State, Utah, Oklahoma State, and Indiana in the final 4 playoff some year, just for the disastrous TV ratings that would result.
I was hoping Auburn would beat that smug coach that left MSU, but now I can just hope he gets beat in the final game of season. Saban is not too far removed from Satan here in Mudville, Michigan!

I was hoping Auburn would beat that smug coach that left MSU, but now I can just hope he gets beat in the final game of season. Saban is not too far removed from Satan here in Mudville, Michigan!
My my my. I'm going to have to rethink our football relationship. I did pull for your Spartans this year hoping they would win the conference. Now F.T. I don't know.

Owen Bawn

I think that football coaches in general are an unlikeable lot. Ego driven, they appear to think of themselves as did Roman generals. That said, over the years I have heard many things about Saban that surprised me and for which I respect him.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My my my. I'm going to have to rethink our football relationship. I did pull for your Spartans this year hoping they would win the conference. Now F.T. I don't know.
Forgive me my friend! I can only hope that Mr Tucker does as well as Mr Saban! I just hope that he STAYS in East Lansing!

I just have been reading on LSU's Tiger Droppings forum and the Cajuns are not pleased with the hire. 60 years old, never won a nattie really doesn't have a signature win ,ect.... 9-3 8-4 is not going to cut it Read that his contract is somewhere 5 years @ 15 mil per year or 10 years @ 100 mil. It appears the Irish fans are glad he's gone. All those years and no championship. They want a coach that can lead them to greener pastures. Given that if certain teams lose the Domers could be in the play offs. He must of really wanted out. Also, read he had contacted the Florida program ? What makes him want to play with the big boys at this stage in his football career is a mystery to me. Guess he wants to if he can do it.

And let's all recall that Notre Dames higher academic standards kept him from getting 5 stars to go all the way with. Well its going to be rock and roll time. Not any push overs in the SEC. Just look at the 5 star coaches in the SEC,Kirby Smart,Kiffin for now,Saban, Mike Leach,Jimbo Fisher, Stoops at Kentucky,with Texas and Oklahoma coming although trending down right now. The SEC is a meat grinder and every week you better bring your a game. Bet he might coach 3 years before he's released. Takes a special man to coach at LSU. We will see.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Brian Kelly to LSU. Didn't see that coming.

A surprising and, I think, bad hire.

LSU may be going down the road Tennessee and Florida have tried. We'll see.

1638275151156.png

Happy shaves,

Jim

Is anybody besides me think my Tide has a chance Saturday. As bad as it looks for us I think Bulldog fans are a little bit uneasy going up against the champs from last year. Old man Saban just might have a trick or 2 up his sleeve. We are a 6 1/2 point dog. I love it. Us against the world mentally. On paper Georgia should win,but the game is played on grass ! Roll Tide

Top Bottom