What's new

College Football

Would you be happy if Mack came back from NC? You guys all thought he underachieved at Austin. Personally I think he'll retire from Chapel Hill.
I don’t think the problem was Mac. I always liked Mac, but I think he was under a lot of pressure from the Regents. I think that is what is wrong with Tom Herman as well. Back in the day, the Regents were scared to mess with Darryl Royal.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I don’t think the problem was Mac. I always liked Mac, but I think he was under a lot of pressure from the Regents. I think that is what is wrong with Tom Herman as well. Back in the day, the Regents were scared to mess with Darryl Royal.
Didn't 7 or 8 kids from the national championship team end up in jail the following summer?

If you are not a Alabama fan, well you kind of get used to the hate speech. However, ask any fan base would you let Saban be your next coach. Most would take him in a minute.
You are correct. As a Longhorn fan I got a lot of hate when they were good. I don’t get it so much anymore. Yes, I would take Sabin in a heartbeat.

Owen Bawn

army.jpg

Owen Bawn

I actually love both academies, but I know more West Point guys than Annapolis guys, and I've been to West Point many times for football games. One of my college classmates was hockey coach at West Point for years. He succeeded his father as coach, and now his brother is Army coach. The Riley family is a legendary name in US hockey history. When I was a high school teacher I had many students go to the academies, but more went to West Point. I also have a few friends who either taught there or teach there now. So I've got a lot of ties to West Point. @TexOkie Shaver

I actually love both academies, but I know more West Point guys than Annapolis guys, and I've been to West Point many times for football games. One of my college classmates was hockey coach at West Point for years. He succeeded his father as coach, and now his brother is Army coach. The Riley family is a legendary name in US hockey history. When I was a high school teacher I had many students go to the academies, but more went to West Point. So I've got a lot of ties to West Point. @TexOkie Shaver
My nephew was a Marine, so that’s my connection. He served in Iraq and taught in Fallujah. I refer to him as “was” a marine because he died in his sleep at the tender age of 22. He was a sniper in the Marines. He had Wolff-Parkinson’s-White syndrome.

Owen Bawn

My nephew was a Marine, so that’s my connection. He served in Iraq and taught in Fallujah. I refer to him as “was” a marine because he died in his sleep at the tender age of 22. He was a sniper in the Marines. He had Wolff-Parkinson’s-White syndrome.
Mercy. Always a true tragedy when a person dies so young, be it from war, accident, or disease. Tender is the right word.

Owen Bawn

Here are a couple of photos from my first trip to West Point when I was 7 in 1965 to see BC play Army, along with my father's ticket stub. For all of his life he wrote the score, attendance, and weather on the back of every ticket he used. I must have a hundred of them. The BC quarterback in the photo, by the way, was Ed Foley. His son Glenn was an All American QB at BC in the 90s and had a long career with the NY Jets.

BC Army 65 Foley.jpgBC Army 65.jpgBC Army stub front.JPGBC Army stub rear.JPG

Here are a couple of photos from my first trip to West Point when I was 7 in 1965 to see BC play Army, along with my father's ticket stub. For all of his life he wrote the score, attendance, and weather on the back of every ticket he used. I must have a hundred of them. The BC quarterback in the photo, by the way, was Ed Foley. His son Glenn was an All American QB at BC in the 90s and had a long career with the NY Jets.

View attachment 1194234View attachment 1194235View attachment 1194236View attachment 1194237
I was 13 at the time and had just discovered football. I was an offensive center and middle linebacker for my 7th grade football team. We were 7-1 that year. I liked middle linebacker because in our scheme he was the “Monster Man”. I was far from a monster off the field, but on the field my alter ego took over.

View attachment 1194234View attachment 1194235View attachment 1194236View attachment 1194237
Ugh, I just saw the Navy uniforms. I don’t get these new age uniforms.

Top Bottom