What's new

College Football

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Congratulations to Tide fans. You have an excellent and complete team. I've never seen a better display of throw and catch than Alabama put on last night. Also, I say Aaron Murray interview Mac Jones; what a good spirited and good humored and likable young man he is!

As a Dawg fan I'm not a happy camper today. However, I am not a fair weather fan nor a fan filled with pessimism. We will prevail.

Go, Dawgs!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
BC will give Clemson a game next Saturday. I'm not necessarily predicting an upset, but Clemson will know they were in a fight.*

*But if BC does win, I reserve the right to come back here next Sunday and act as though I called the upset beforehand.

Owen Bawn

Ordinarily I'd be either whooping it up at The Esso or enjoying the hospitality of strangers at their pregame brunch tailgate in Clemson, SC at this time. Instead, I'm sitting unwashed & unshaven at home. First time I went to see BC play at Clemson was in 1982; I've made the trip many times since then. Great people, and always a great football experience, even when the odds are against our lads.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

BC will give Clemson a game next Saturday. I'm not necessarily predicting an upset, but Clemson will know they were in a fight.*

*But if BC does win, I reserve the right to come back here next Sunday and act as though I called the upset beforehand.
Well, I called that one. They had Clemson down by 18 late in the first half but the BC offense didn't show up for the second half.

I really hope Notre Dame beats Clemson next week so that when the Irish lose to BC it hurts them all the more. I hate these seasons where the best you can hope for is the chance to stick your thumb in the other guy's eye. BC has had too damn many years like that.

Owen Bawn

Well, I called that one. They had Clemson down by 18 late in the first half but the BC offense didn't show up for the second half.

I really hope Notre Dame beats Clemson next week so that when the Irish lose to BC it hurts them all the more. I hate these seasons where the best you can hope for is the chance to stick your thumb in the other guy's eye. BC has had too damn many years like that.
Here I go quoting myself again... Last night's ND Clemson game was a terrific game, spoiled only by the incessant need to delay the action to review plays. Now BC has ND exactly where they want them. How often has it happened that a team has played two different #1 teams in three weeks?

Here I go quoting myself again... Last night's ND Clemson game was a terrific game, spoiled only by the incessant need to delay the action to review plays. Now BC has ND exactly where they want them. How often has it happened that a team has played two different #1 teams in three weeks?
I noticed that the number of replays and how long they lasted increased significantly this past Saturday. It’s getting to the point that a team can’t maintain momentum because of the replays.

Owen Bawn

I noticed that the number of replays and how long they lasted increased significantly this past Saturday. It’s getting to the point that a team can’t maintain momentum because of the replays.
Your 'Horns got another W yesterday. I wasn't expecting a defensive struggle. Your man Ehlinger seemed off his game.

Your 'Horns got another W yesterday. I wasn't expecting a defensive struggle. Your man Ehlinger seemed off his game.
Yes, he takes spells when he just isn’t as sharp as usual. Fortunately, it didn’t cost them the game. I did notice that they finally benched Ingram and are letting Robinson and Johnson tote the Rock. Ingram seems lazy to me. He just does not put out the effort that Robinson and Johnson do. Dicker scares me on every field goal. He keeps flirting with that left goalpost and missed one yesterday because of it.

The announcers said that if the Longhorns win out they will be in the Big 12 Championship. I don’t see it. But, they are probably right.

Hook ‘em

Owen Bawn

The announcers said that if the Longhorns win out they will be in the Big 12 Championship. I don’t see it. But, they are probably right.

Hook ‘em
I'd put money on it. They've got 2 weeks off now before playing winless Kansas. Then they face the only possible test left- against Iowa State- and they finish up against a mediocre Kansas State team. I see 3 wins there.

I'd put money on it. They've got 2 weeks off now before playing winless Kansas. Then they face the only possible test left- against Iowa State- and they finish up against a mediocre Kansas State team. I see 3 wins there.
I should have checked the schedule. I thought the Horns had already played Iowa State. If they win out, they will have two losses in the Big 12 as will the other three top teams. It’s possible that those teams may have to play each other that would result in only one of the ending up with two losses. With only two teams with two losses, they would both go to the championship game. But that is a big if with a hot Iowa State still on the schedule.

Owen Bawn

Tomorrow the Notre Dame "Fartin' Arsh" visit Boston College. I just watched the first college hockey game of the season on TV- Wisconsin beat Notre Dame, 2-0. Ordinarily Notre Dame and BC play a hockey game on the Friday night before their Saturday football matchup, but that game is another victim of Covid. Anyway, the football game is at 3.30 ET tomorrow on ABC. I'd love to see BC knock the wind out of their sails. The last time Notre Dame beat a #1 team was in 1993, and BC beat ND the following week, and ND hasn't been the same since. Each year they get an inflated ranking and then they get shellacked by a top 5 team in January. Meanwhile, we Eagles hope for 7 and 5.

Tomorrow the Notre Dame "Fartin' Arsh" visit Boston College. I just watched the first college hockey game of the season on TV- Wisconsin beat Notre Dame, 2-0. Ordinarily Notre Dame and BC play a hockey game on the Friday night before their Saturday football matchup, but that game is another victim of Covid. Anyway, the football game is at 3.30 ET tomorrow on ABC. I'd love to see BC knock the wind out of their sails. The last time Notre Dame beat a #1 team was in 1993, and BC beat ND the following week, and ND hasn't been the same since. Each year they get an inflated ranking and then they get shellacked by a top 5 team in January. Meanwhile, we Eagles hope for 7 and 5.
January 1, 1971 Dallas Texas Cotton Bowl. I’ve never gotten over it.

Go BC!

Top Bottom