What's new

College Football

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
OU Texas Tech game looked like a basketball score. Over 1700 yards of total offense for both teams and not a sign of defense from either.

The Tide looked pretty good today, but Eddie Jackson is a big loss to our team. Very sad to see his career at Bama ended early like that.
I really hate to see a player on either team get hurt. Eddie is a class dude. So it's next man up. Hopefully our backups can fill in without a hitch. LSU looked good against Mississippi last night. I'm glad we have a by week. Ole Miss defense is not Alabama's. I can't see Fournett running wild on us. At lease I hope not.

I really hate to see a player on either team get hurt. Eddie is a class dude. So it's next man up. Hopefully our backups can fill in without a hitch. LSU looked good against Mississippi last night. I'm glad we have a by week. Ole Miss defense is not Alabama's. I can't see Fournett running wild on us. At lease I hope not.

I think the Bama is better than LSU. It will be a good one but the Tide will win. Beating A&M by 19 was a powerful statement. Of course, playing in Death Valley will be tough.

The Iron Bowl is going to be a great game this year. It may even have national playoff consequences for Alabama.

I think the Bama is better than LSU. It will be a good one but the Tide will win. Beating A&M by 19 was a powerful statement. Of course, playing in Death Valley will be tough.

The Iron Bowl is going to be a great game this year. It may even have national playoff consequences for Alabama.

As much as I really HATE bama, I think they will run the table this year.

Even if they lose a game, they will be in the playoffs.

I just don't for see any teams beating them this year unless bama just doesn't show up to play in the title game.

As much as I really HATE bama, I think they will run the table this year.

Even if they lose a game, they will be in the playoffs.

I just don't for see any teams beating them this year unless bama just doesn't show up to play in the title game.
The hate for BAMA is damn near worldwide. I'm use to it. One day Saban will die and I will be sad.

Lol, realdog4 was talking about games and it just popped in my head. Don't worry, plenty of others hate Nebraska.

I don't hate Nebraska but I am no fan of the big10. Nebraska has a tough road ahead. Assuming they get by Wisconsin and Ohio State, Michigan will likely be there in the conference playoffs. If that happens, I will be a Nebraska fan for one night. I do hate Ohio State and Michigan. I hope you make it, but that is a tough row to hoe. Nebraska has been a sneaky sleeper (at least in the eyes of other conferences) with a chance to go to the playoffs.

I don't hate Nebraska but I am no fan of the big10. Nebraska has a tough road ahead. Assuming they get by Wisconsin and Ohio State, Michigan will likely be there in the conference playoffs. If that happens, I will be a Nebraska fan for one night. I do hate Ohio State and Michigan. I hope you make it, but that is a tough row to hoe. Nebraska has been a sneaky sleeper (at least in the eyes of other conferences) with a chance to go to the playoffs.

Realistically, I can see us being a 2 loss team....... And I'm OK with that. We are not a top 10 team, we just rose in the polls due to other teams losing. We have a lot of growing to do. Give us another 2-3 years and I will be expecting be a good team

Last edited:
Dave:
proxy.php
...about the QB situation...I've often wondered why MSU just doesn't have the 'depth' in that position (is recruiting the problem?). :001_huh:

proxy.php
Go Green! Go White! Go Spartans!

Yes, in a nutshell. The bigger picture is this: say I'm an elite QB High school junior getting looks from programs all over the nation. Am I choosing MSU over USC? Or Bama? You can't blame Dantonio for that, I know, but he does his best with 3 star recruits. What bothers me is having to put up with Maxwell type players in between the Kirk Cousin's and Connor Cooks. Just wish there was a way to get the Sophomore QB's some snaps in game situations. We never get a big enough lead to get them in there. Oh well, here I am complaining about a team consistently in the top 10. What a whiner I am! I sound like a UM fan has for the last decade!

I have to ask........any rumblings on the HC getting let go yet?

I hate to say it but I suspect you guys will tack on another loss this weekend.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have to ask........any rumblings on the HC getting let go yet?

I hate to say it but I suspect you guys will tack on another loss this weekend.
Haven't heard any, actually. I honestly think he's a lifer. If there is ANY team MSU can get fired up about it's UM. I'm the eternal optimist in all things MSU, so I will not be surprised if my team wins. But that being said, I expect a good game for MSU in the first half. After that....if I've learned anything this season, it's this: MSU doesn't finish strong, lol.
They are young. But this season is over, for all intents and purposes. Hopefully we don't mess up recruiting....

Haven't heard any, actually. I honestly think he's a lifer. If there is ANY team MSU can get fired up about it's UM. I'm the eternal optimist in all things MSU, so I will not be surprised if my team wins. But that being said, I expect a good game for MSU in the first half. After that....if I've learned anything this season, it's this: MSU doesn't finish strong, lol.
They are young. But this season is over, for all intents and purposes. Hopefully we don't mess up recruiting....
Nebraska has a very young team as well. If we can beef up that offensive line, train a QB for next year that is half decent.........we will be doing good I think.

FarmerTan

Nebraska has a very young team as well. If we can beef up that offensive line, train a QB for next year that is half decent.........we will be doing good I think.
When I was a wee lad I really liked Nebraska. Loved their colors, still do actually. Was scared to death tho when they came to the B1G! Seems they were always on TV, along with UCLA and USC and Notre Dame. Miss those days in the winter watching college football by myself. That's really how I prefer to watch it, weird huh?

When I was a wee lad I really liked Nebraska. Loved their colors, still do actually. Was scared to death tho when they came to the B1G! Seems they were always on TV, along with UCLA and USC and Notre Dame. Miss those days in the winter watching college football by myself. That's really how I prefer to watch it, weird huh?

Not so weird. You can pay attention to the game and relax without having to worry about the kids, wife or a buddy yapping at you.

FarmerTan

Nebraska has a great future ahead of them in my opinion. A VERY strong history and tradition. You guys are sleepers. The day is coming when Nebraska will be one of the perennial leaders in the B1G.

FarmerTan

Not so weird. You can pay attention to the game and relax without having to worry about the kids, wife or a buddy yapping at you.

Thanks for the affirmation! I kinda do look at it as me time, lol. I'm just not the macho beer guzzling stereotypical college football fan. Have never done a fantasy football league thingy, etc. Just enjoy watching! And I can barely stand pro sports of any kind. I love seeing the emotions of those teenaged young men just loving the sport.

Big game for Bama this week-LSU. Hope my Tide Rolls
Me too...down the toilet bowl that is. :) LSU has a tall order. Bama is about as good of a team as I have seen in a very long time. Better than the Oklahoma and USC teams of the early 2000s.

Sent from the Danger Phone

Me too...down the toilet bowl that is. :) LSU has a tall order. Bama is about as good of a team as I have seen in a very long time. Better than the Oklahoma and USC teams of the early 2000s.

Sent from the Danger Phone
If coach O pulls it off can you say ( head coach for next year? } And Les who ?

Top Bottom