What's new

coffee with cream or just plain black?

just out of curiosity: You're talking about large cups of coffee as seen in american diners, or the real one (expresso):biggrin:?.

I always drink expresso black, without sugar. You see: I really like the flavour of coffee :lol:

At work I take it black, because powdered creamer is an abomination.
At home, I take it with a bit of 2% milk.

Coffee should be hot as hell, black as pitch, and with an aroma that embraces you like a strong woman.

Think I read that somewhere . . . or something close to that.

It's a Turkish saying about Turkish coffee, I believe the correct one is "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love"

I take my Turkish coffee just that way.

+1
The only regular deviation I make is when I'm on the road and buy a cup of coffee from Tim Horton's - then its cream and sugar (most TH regulars order a "double-double").

Double-Doubles aren't coffee, they're dessert. :tongue_sm

Espresso I take black, or with a small amount of raw sugar if it's not great espresso.

...The one exception is Starbucks' new Pike Place coffee ... its the one and only coffee I've found that tastes better to drink it black...

Thanks for the idea.

The woman at Starbuck told me Pike Place was blend to give the drinker a med to strong cup of coffee without the bite.

So I bought a pound of Pike Place last night and had a cup this morning via the french press. It was a nice strong cup of black coffee that wasn't bitter at all.

The next step is to see how it goes with a cigar. Usually I put cream and sugar etc with my coffee.

Thanks for the suggestion.

David

So you mean a shot of espresso added to fancy bottled water...?

They do this in Italy (and Argentina) for tourists who dont like the bold taste of espresso. Funny thing: espresso has less caffine than regular coffee. Longer roasted beans plus a short hot brew time constitute a bolder flavor, but weaker punch.

Agua Ardiente is a liquor that is distilled in various Latin American countries as well as Spain and possibly Portugal. My favorite one comes from Columbia. It has a flavor similar to Sambuca.

just out of curiosity: You're talking about large cups of coffee as seen in american diners, or the real one (expresso):biggrin:?.

I always drink expresso black, without sugar. You see: I really like the flavour of coffee :lol:

The real one. Although you need a larger cup to make room for the Agua Ardiente.:biggrin:

I think he's referring to a caffe corretto . . . ("spiked" espresso)

You sir are correct!:thumbup1:

I drink coffee.
Even if it's nasty.

A good cup of Joe can stand on it's own. As in Kenya AA from a French Press.
Nasty coffee that has been kept warm on a hot plate for 1 hour? I add powdered creme and sugar then drink it.

It's blasphemy to put anything in a good cup of black coffee.

I do put cream and sugar in moka pot coffee and sometimes in iced coffee.

I add cardamom, clove and sugar to turkish coffee.

My mind has been changed. I am only ever drinking fresh roasted and ground coffee with nothin added after todays experiences with it for the 1st time!

I like it both ways. Either pure black or with sugar and Half & Half. For some reason, I do not like it at all with just sugar. :confused:

Tim

Black w/ a touch of sugar. Being lactose intolerant, milk isn't an option and the non-dairy stuff tastes very fake.

Coffee should be hot as hell, black as pitch, and with an aroma that embraces you like a strong woman.

Think I read that somewhere . . . or something close to that.

"Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love."

Cannonfodder's signature on SRP, with a link to Home-Barista.com

And I agree. I don't want to compromise the flavors. That's why I drink my coffee black, my tea... euh, plain, and my spirits without ice or mixing of any kind.

And my cigars unflavored.

... but I must confess that sometimes, during the weekend, I enjoy a latte or capucinno.

I add just a leeeetle splash of whole milk to my coffee...helps "smoothe everything out a bit," in my opinion.

If my only choice is powdered creamer, I'll take it black.

I started with cream and sugar but over the years have moved to black. Now, while I will occasionally use a splash of cream, I can’t tolerate what sugar dose to coffee. Make mine black.

Slightly off topic, a little trick I have learned in the navy is that a pinch of salt can make a really bad cup into something much less grating.

Top Bottom