What's new

coffee with cream or just plain black?

I like cream in mine, I think it brings out more of the chocolate and sometimes fruit tones (depending on the origin). Adding cream was officially sanctioned as acceptable by one of the coffee roasting forums a while back; sugar, however, was not.

If it's not my roast, I'll add more cream, if it's bad/bitter, I start adding sugar..... If the only option is powdered cream, I'll pass and opt for a little sugar, if that doesn't help, I'll wait.

Before that first shlook of home-roasted, hand-ground, fresh-brewed coffee passes my lips, it's "blessed" by a tablet of Sucrazit and a healthy dollop of Half 'n Half.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In the presence of such refined folks, I'm embarrassed to confess how I take it (the coffee, that is).

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Cream when it is available. I don't care how good the coffee is, if I have cream, I will put some in my coffee. Sometimes I even add a little coffee to my cream. :biggrin:

I guess I am a freak. I love coffee with plenty of flavored cream and sugar. The International Coffee creamers for me are a must have.

Sorry to break the chain, but I just can't do black coffee. :blushing:

I love coffee. But I love it mostly with some half and half in it. Without the half and half, I can't appreciate the flavor as much.

I always put cream in my coffee. Real cream when I can get it. Half-n-Half most of the time. Nothing less than Whole Milk, though.

The one exception is Starbucks' new Pike Place coffee ... its the one and only coffee I've found that tastes better to drink it black. I do add two packs of Turbinado brown sugar into a 20oz. cup.

Never, ever, under any circumstances do I use the powdered, non-dairy creamer. It is horrible, nasty stuff.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
In the presence of such refined folks, I'm embarrassed to confess how I take it (the coffee, that is).

Sorry it took so long to post an answer (black, btw) but I had to go to the hospital and get my tongue stiched up ... it's not often I have to bite my tongue that hard.

:tongue_sm

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sorry it took so long to post an answer (black, btw) but I had to go to the hospital and get my tongue stiched up ... it's not often I have to bite my tongue that hard.

:tongue_sm

Wow. Imagine if I didn't put in the disclaimer.:001_rolle

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Coffee should be hot as hell, black as pitch, and with an aroma that embraces you like a strong woman.

Think I read that somewhere . . . or something close to that.

1 part expresso + 1 part Agua Ardiente = The perfect cup of coffee

So you mean a shot of espresso added to fancy bottled water...?

They do this in Italy (and Argentina) for tourists who dont like the bold taste of espresso. Funny thing: espresso has less caffine than regular coffee. Longer roasted beans plus a short hot brew time constitute a bolder flavor, but weaker punch.

They do this in Italy (and Argentina) for tourists who dont like the bold taste of espresso. Funny thing: espresso has less caffine than regular coffee. Longer roasted beans plus a short hot brew time constitute a bolder flavor, but weaker punch.

This is a bit of a misconception, since you use a heck of a lot more coffee per ounce than drip. You are correct that the darker you roast the less caffeine remains, but on the whole there is as much caffeine (or more) for an espresso compared to a drip coffee.

The Italians are also very fond of adding Robusta coffees to their espresso blends. Robusta coffees contain approximately twice the amount of caffeine compared to Arabica coffees.

Top Bottom