What's new

Coat Hanger Razor Stand

I needed a stand for this new razor but I didn't really want to spend money on it so I made one from a wire hanger. I used a little torch to heat up where I was going to bend it, used pliers to shape it and eyeballed it to see if it was square. It's not square, time to get my eyes checked again I guess.:blink: But it does hold the razor straight which is the most important thing. Any other ideas for home made razor stands?

$20160114_144326.jpg

$20160114_144342.jpg

$20160114_144347.jpg

Granted it is not what I would call Elegant but I think what you did was way cool!

Now, where did the Mrs. Hide my torch?

I like it, and I think it's an excellent idea for brushes. I have a couple of combo razor/brush stands, but the brush holder isn't large enough for every brush, so a homemade one from a wire hanger (with apologies to Joan Crawford) is an excellent idea!

Thanks for all the positive feedback! That stand only took about 10 minutes to make, it's a little rough but I did it freehand without a square. I have a little workshop out back but there's no heat and it's bitterly cold here right now but when it warms up, I'm gonna make another one using a vise and a square. I expect that one to be better. But this one works fine and it's something most of us can do ourselves.

Simple and efficient. Have you thought of taking a couple of those, mounting them in a board and mounting the board to the wall?

Top Bottom