What's new

ClubmaN Special Reserve info

image.jpg I was browsing for some of this, while on Amazon I see there are 2 shades. Any info on this?

There is only one variety. At least, I've only ever seen the dark shade like the photo RoFoBlade posted. I think the light version is just a trick of the camera (white background, high light, over exposure).

I will be going with the dark, just looks better:001_smile just curious abouth the lighter color and obviously different label and cap.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I have a bottle from a few years ago, and a new bottle. Both the same dark shade. Goes on a bit strong, but given a few minutes, it becomes a real keeper.

I had a bottle about seven years ago. It was brand new and the juice was actually a dark brownish green. The photos I think are a trick of the light. But recently I saw SR in a salon and it was more brown looking than my bottle from years ago, so either they changed the color or this one is subject to variations and light tricks.

The only thing I question about the lighting, washing it out is the labels on each bottle are quite different. No UPC code on the bottom of the lighter colored one.

The only thing I question about the lighting, washing it out is the labels on each bottle are quite different. No UPC code on the bottom of the lighter colored one.
The "light" colored bottle is a stock promotinal photograph from the clubman website. It is most likely digitally altered to fit the effect they were looking for. There is only one version.

I thought they made a musk version which was lighter. I have used the SR but my family said it stunk so I went back to the Veg and Clubman which they do not complain to me about. Variety is the spice of shaving!

I decanted mine into a glass liquor bottle with a plastic reducer and added about a teaspoon of glycerin. Even in the poor quality phone photo it's the color of the bottle on the right in the OP. I dug out the original bottle and the label is also the same design as the bottle on the right. Love the SR and so does my wife, I wear it at least once a week and every time I go to the horse races, it just smells so darn correct in the turf club.

The little Avon chess piece bottle is filled with a blend of 3 parts Special Reserve and 1 part PAA SK8Shop. That stuff may be in even heavier rotation than the SR.
proxy.php

I decanted mine into a glass liquor bottle with a plastic reducer and added about a teaspoon of glycerin. Even in the poor quality phone photo it's the color of the bottle on the right in the OP. I dug out the original bottle and the label is also the same design as the bottle on the right. Love the SR and so does my wife, I wear it at least once a week and every time I go to the horse races, it just smells so darn correct in the turf club.

The little Avon chess piece bottle is filled with a blend of 3 parts Special Reserve and 1 part PAA SK8Shop. That stuff may be in even heavier rotation than the SR.
proxy.php

Nice looking juice (and I also have a 400 ml bottle of Floid vigoroso that looks just like yours)!

Top Bottom