What's new

clubman shave soap

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have never tried Clubman soap but have always assumed it was not very good. The reason is that so many B&B members love Clubman aftershave yet almost nobody uses the soap despite its bargain price. There are some threads here:

It's fantastic. In my experience it creates a creamier lather than most soaps and the scent, while completely unlike the aftershave, is pretty good too. For like $2.50/oz it's worth the risk.

It performs well, but I don't much care for the post shave feel — kind of tacky, on my skin. It's also not much of a bargain. Looks like it's $2.45 / ounce currently on Amazon, compared to, say, $2.50 / ounce for Stirling or $2.45 / ounce for Cella Red (and Cella is even cheaper, of course, if you by a kilo).

Last edited:
One of the worst soaps I’ve ever used, and I have used a lot.
That's how I felt about their shave cream, for sure.
For me this morning the soap performed much better than the cream.
Definitely a good, serviceable shave.
And, like beginish said, there are definitely better soaps.
But I wasn't disappointed with it.

proxy.php

Any thoughts on their brushless cream?

That's how I felt about their shave cream, for sure.
For me this morning the soap performed much better than the cream.
Definitely a good, serviceable shave.
And, like beginish said, there are definitely better soaps.
But I wasn't disappointed with it.

This is the beauty of this hobby, what doesn’t work for one person could be perfectly fine for another. I’m glad it’s working for you, and wish I had the same experience. 👍

This is the beauty of this hobby, what doesn’t work for one person could be perfectly fine for another. I’m glad it’s working for you, and wish I had the same experience. 👍
Well, it worked.
But I can get a better shave with my cheap Van Der Hagen soap or Speick stick.
So, kind of in a way it won't be anything I will be rushing to use anytime soon lol.
So, even though I don't consider it the worst soap ever, it will still be in the same pile with the other bad ones. 🤦‍♂️

I have not tried the cream, but the soap is really great. My only complaint, and it is a significant one, is that it doesn't last long. You will likely go through a container in less than a week.

I enjoyed the soap although I don't get the clubman scent. The brushless cream was pretty much cold cream. The lathering cream is not much better. My preference for a good soap that captures the clubman scent is Barrister and Mann Reserve.

Top Bottom